Deepcar Band are seeking: Cornet/Horn/Baritone/Bass - Yorkshire 4th section

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by ukdrummerboy, Mar 10, 2008.

1. ukdrummerboy

ukdrummerboy Member

Edit: for current vacancies & contact details, please see most recent posts

Deepcar Brass Band are a new 4th section contesting band based to the north of Sheffield. The band was established in 1988 and now, in its 20th year, is entering into the world of contesting for the first time. With regular concerts and contests on the horizon (both entertainment & test pieces!), we are looking to strengthen the ranks.

We are currently looking for...

Front Row Cornet
    Back Row Cornet
    Trombone (Tenor or Bass)
    Bb Bass

We're a fun loving band and would love to see any new faces down for a blow :)

Please contact myself (Musical Director) Gavin Somerset on 07759 412282 or email to Gavin@penninemusic.com

Or contact our Personnel Secretary James Broadhead on 07762 835553.

We rehearse on Monday and Friday nights in Deepcar village hall at 7:15.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2009
  2. Diz-e-dee

Diz-e-dee New Member

Hi Gavin, great to hear the band has joined the the ranks of the 4th section at last. I just wish I was closer to home (I left Deepcar 20 years ago :( ) I would come and join in! Good luck with everything tho'.

3. ukdrummerboy

ukdrummerboy Member

Thanks for that :) the band are really excited and in very high spirits. The atmosphere is really good (which makes the band a pleasure to conduct). Just need to fill a couple of empty chairs for a full band!

4. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

Deepcar Brass Band - Solo Horn Vacancy

We are a 4th Section band in the north of sheffield, competing in the yorkshire area.

I am the current solo horn player, but due to wanting a change of instrument to sop i have been told i can only do this is i find a suitable replacement.

Our current program of music can be found on out website here:
    http://www.deepcarbrassband.org.uk/page9.html

If you are interested please PM me and we can organise you coming to a practice for an "audition"

Thanks

5. hornsrus

hornsrus Member

just a quicki to say these guys are a great bunch, if i can help you out i will!

Sarah

6. Number1euph

Number1euph Member

Deepcar Brass Band Vacancies

After a busy summer and year too we are now looking forward to the rest of the year and a few concerts inbetween too. Then the Yorkshire area next year to look forward to.

We are in need of a Principal cornet player and a back row cornet too.

Also required is a BBb Bass player, i know you are few and far between but there must be someone who wants to fill the space, if you are coming back to playing then or just want a change.

Please visit our website for more information or contact me or our conductor.

www.deepcarbrassband.org.uk

James Broadhead - Band Manager

Gavin Somerset - Conductor

Edit: threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2009
  7. ukdrummerboy

ukdrummerboy Member

Deepcar, Sheffield - Cornets!

Deepcar Brass Band are on the lookout for some cornet players (old or new ;-)). We are a fun loving, friendly band currently looking for...

A front Row Cornet,
    Back Row Cornets
    & Bb Bass

Aside from the vacant positions above, we have a full strong healthy band with good attended rehearsals and usually perform at least 1-2 concerts per month.

We shall also be competing in the Yorkshire Area 4th Section in March. It would be great to hear from players of any standard that fancy coming for a blow.

Please contact myself (Musical Director) Gavin Somerset on 07759 412282 or email to Gavin@penninemusic.com

Or contact our Personnel Secretary James Broadhead on 07762 835553.

We rehearse on Monday and Friday nights in Deepcar village hall at 7:15-9:15

Thanks

8. Number1euph

Number1euph Member

Deepcar Brass Band Vacancies

Hey All,

Deepcar have vacancies for the positions below:-

Front Row Cornets (Principal to the right person)
    Back Row Cornet
    Baritone/Euphonium

We are a busy 4th section band based 10 miles from Sheffield, South Yorkshire.

Apart from the vacant positions above, we have a full strong healthy band with good attended rehearsals. We have also just appointed a new Musical Director, Lindon Bolt. So come and get in touch.

Contact myself on:-

Cheers

James Broadhead
    Deepcar Brass Band

9. Number1euph

Number1euph Member

Hey All,

After filling our Principal Cornet position, welcome to Russell. Also gaining a new backrow cornet, welcome Kit.

Deepcar have vacancies for the positions below:-

Baritones & a Euphonium

We are a busy 4th section band based 10 miles from Sheffield, South Yorkshire. We are going to the Yorkshire Area and playing Prelude, Song and Dance.

Apart from the vacant positions above, we have a full strong healthy band with good attended rehearsals. We have also just appointed a new Musical Director, Lindon Bolt. So come and get in touch.

Contact myself on:-

Cheers

James Broadhead
    Deepcar Brass Band

10. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

Hi All,

Deepcar Band currently have vacancies for the positions below:-

Principal Cornet - this has just become vacant in the last week as our previous principal has decided to stop playing altogether due to work and family commitments.

Baritone/Euphonium

Bb Bass

We are a busy 4th section band based 10 miles from Sheffield, South Yorkshire.

Apart from the vacant positions above, we have a healthy band with well attended, enjoyable rehearsals. So if you are interested in any of the above positions, or if you know of someone who may be, please get in touch with any of us.

You can contact:

me on - 07767808409

James Broadhead on - 07762835553

or Paul Higham on - 07989 728474 / 0114 2882578

Many thanks for looking!!

Lindon Bolt

Deepcar Brass Band

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Cornet/Horn/Baritone/Bass - Yorkshire
    Gavin@penninemusic.com
    Sheffield
    James Broadhead
    Deepcar Band
  12. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

4th Section Deepcar require Principal cornet

Hi All,

Principal Cornet - this has become vacant due to work and family commitments.

Baritone/Euphonium

Bb Bass

We are a busy 4th section band based within a 10 mile radius from Sheffield, Barnsley and Huddersfield.

Apart from the vacant positions above, we have a healthy band with well attended, enjoyable rehearsals. So if you are interested in any of the above positions, or if you know of someone who may be, please get in touch with any of us, or you are welcome to pop along to one of our rehearsals on a Monday or Friday evening at Deepcar Village hall (S36 2QH)

You can contact:

me on - 07767808409

or Paul Higham on - 07989 728474 / 0114 2882578

or find us on facebook.

Many thanks for looking!!

Lindon Bolt

Deepcar Brass Band

13. Number1euph

Number1euph Member

Hi All,

Baritone/Euphonium or Trombone

EEb/BBb Bass

We are a busy 4th section band based within a 10 mile radius from Sheffield, Barnsley and Huddersfield.

Apart from the vacant positions above, we have a healthy band with well attended, enjoyable rehearsals. So if you are interested in any of the above positions, or if you know of someone who may be, please get in touch with any of us, or you are welcome to pop along to one of our rehearsals on a Monday or Friday evening at Deepcar Village hall (S36 2QH)

You can contact:

or find us on facebook.

Deepcar Brass Band

14. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

Hi All,

Baritone and Front Row Cornet

Although we will gladly welcome any players who want to come down.

You can contact:

Lindon Bolt on - 07767808409
    or

or find us on facebook.

Thanks for looking.

Deepcar Brass Band

15. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

Deepcar Band are now looking for the following permanent players Baritone/Euphonium, Trombone and Bb Bass to complete our line up.

We are an ambitious Yorkshire 4th section band within 10 miles of Sheffield, Barnsley and Huddersfield, and have a good mix of engagements throughout the year.

We rehearse Monday and Friday in Deepcar itself (S36 postcode). You can find us on Facebook, Twitter or see our website.

For more details you can contact me (Lindon Bolt) by PM on here, or call me on 07767808409,

or James Broadhead (User ID Number1euph on here) or call him on 07762835553,

or Paul Higham - 0789728474 for more details.

Alternatively you are always welcome to pop along to any of our rehearsals to either listen or join in.

Hope to see you soon.

16. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

Deepcar Band - Yorkshire 4th section , are seeking :

Tutti Cornet,
    Baritone/Euph,
    Trombone
    Bb Bass player

We are within 10 miles of Sheffield, Barnsley and Huddersfield & lifts can be arranged from most areas
    and rehearse Monday and Friday in Deepcar village (Postcode S36).

Find us on Facebook, Twitter and our website, or pop along to any of our rehearsals to either listen or join in.

For more details you can contact me (Lindon Bolt) by PM on here, or call me on 07767808409,

or James Broadhead (User ID Number1euph on here) or call him on 07762835553,

or Paul Higham - 0789728474 for more details.

Alternatively you are always welcome to pop along to any of our rehearsals to either listen or join in.

17. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

Deepcar Band, Yorkshire 4th section, seeking:

Tutti Cornet,
    1st or 2nd Baritone
    Bb Bass.

We are an ambitious band within 10 miles of Sheffield, Barnsley~ & Huddersfield (lifts possible) and have a good mixed Calendar of jobs and contests including a return to Butlins in January.

The band also celebrate their 25th anniversary next year, and hope to have something special lined up!

For more details you can find us on Facebook, Twitter or email us enquiries@deepcarbrassband.org.uk

Otherwise contact:
    MD Lindon Bolt on 07767808409 (or PM me!)
    James Broadhead on 07762835553 (User ID Number1euph on here)
    Paul Higham - 0789728474 for more details

Alternatively just come along any Monday or Friday to either listen or join in!

18. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

Deepcar Band, Yorkshire 4th section currently has the following vacancies:

Cornet - either front row or Repiano seat,
    Bb Bass vacancy
    Tenor horn vacancy

Deepcar itself is located adjacent to Stocksbridge and is within 10 miles of Sheffield, Barnsley and Huddersfield. We rehearse on a Monday and Friday evening in Deepcar village hall. The band has a great atmosphere and has a fun packed year lined up to celebrate our 25th anniversary.

For more details you can find us on Facebook, Twitter or email us enquiries@deepcarbrassband.org.uk

Otherwise contact:

19. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

:tup Horn Vacancy now filled!!

• Cornet - either front row or Repiano seat,
    • Bb Bass vacancy

All other players are of course welcome along to our friendly and fun atmosphere.

Deepcar itself is located adjacent to Stocksbridge and is within 10 miles of Sheffield, Barnsley and Huddersfield. We rehearse on a Monday and Friday evening in Deepcar village hall. The band has a great atmosphere and has a fun packed year lined up to celebrate our 25th anniversary.

Otherwise contact:

20. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

- Cornet - position flexible
    - BBb Bass (or EEb)
    - Baritone
    - Horn

All other players are of course very welcome along.

Deepcar itself is located adjacent to Stocksbridge and is within easy reach of Sheffield, Barnsley and Huddersfield. We rehearse on a Monday and Friday evening in Deepcar village hall. The band has a great atmosphere and has had a very successful couple of years taking on bigger and better concerts, and are looking at recording a CD in 2014 to celebrate the bands first 25 years. We have also had a good run of results in contests and are currently the Bolsover 4th section "Runners-Up"

For more details you can find us at www.deepcarbrassband.org.uk on: Facebook, Twitter or email us enquiries@deepcarbrassband.org.uk

Otherwise contact: