Decent Selections

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by HannahLouise, Jan 4, 2012.

1. HannahLouise

HannahLouise Member

Can anyone recommend a decent selection (musical/film) for buying for the summer jobs? Preferably looking for something a bit more currrent but that wouldn't need too much work (for a 3rd section band)?

2. Backrowdiva

Backrowdiva Member

Have you tried Best of Bond arr Darroll Barry? We play it in a non contesting, but I have heard a Dyke recording of it. Seems to go down well with public cos they know all the tunes
  3. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

I personally don't like the Darroll Barry arrangement, and would recommend the Goff Richards one instead, but either would work for the audience i guess
  4. David Pegram

David Pegram Member

No such thing me thinks
  5. fartycat

fartycat Member

Abba Goes Brass by Alan Fernie
  6. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

A Disney Spectacular takes a bit of working up but should be playable and has some popular film music Includes :

1. Be Our Guest
    2. Just A Spoonful of Sugar
    3. Bella Notte
    4. Beauty & The Beast
    5. Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo
    6. A Whole New World
    7. Under the Sea.

and the earlier Disney Fantasy too
  7. bassendworld

bassendworld Member

Let Me Entertain You - Selection of Robbie Williams Stuff

Punters love it, about 9 minutes in length
  8. winterman

winterman Member

The arrangement of the musical Wicked from Pennine Music is quite a good, none too taxing, one..
  9. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Misses out on the other part of the OP though, more current.
  10. HannahLouise

HannahLouise Member

Thanks a lot for suggestions. I've tried Best of Bond and Disney Spectacular (personally I prefer Disney Fantasy!) but perhaps will check out the Wicked and Robbie ones. Any more suggestions welcome!
  11. Backrowdiva

Backrowdiva Member

It's not really modern (70's) but Grease goes down well (especially if you can con the conductor into a quick costume change T-bird/Pink Lady!
  12. Basstiger

Basstiger Member

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone or Pirates of the Caribbean are both good and not too difficult...
  13. pvillers

pvillers New Member

Although I agree with David saying there are few 'good' selection arrangements for band we recently recorded 'Avatar - Soundtrack Highlights' by James Horner which sounded pretty good and is fairly recent.