decent gig bag required

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by pjb120, May 16, 2005.

1. pjb120

pjb120 Member

Anybody know where I can get a decent euphonium gig bag from? Im replacing my car for a motorbike, so need a backpack style bag for riding to practices. Ive seen loads on tinternet but they all look a bit flimsy + tacky. Can anybody recommend a decent quality bag, that's not too expensive (under £150)? Cheers.

2. jennyt125

jennyt125 Member

Hi,

I've been looking into this too as I ride a bike and play euph. The only one I can find is a ritter bag which looks ok and has shoulder straps. Best looking bag for a bike is the 'gig' ones but suprisingly they're not releasing a euph one yet. I've not bought a ritter one yet so any comments would be appreciated, also heard it struggles to fit a 12 inch bell sovereign.

Cheers, Jenny

3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

4. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Soundwear bags by Winter are very well made and have pockets for all the extras you carry. Whether they are made for the Euph, I don't know but they might be slightly over your budget.

5. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I've been using a Rittar triple trumpet bag to cart my flug (and somethimes flug and cornet) about for a while now. Rittar bags seem to be resonable quality, have plenty of pockets for stowing your bits and bobs, and don't cost silly money.

I think if you're sensible with gig bags they're OK. They're fine for general day to day / to and from the bandroom / in the boot of the car type stuff. But I would never put my flugel in the boot of a coach unless it was in it's hard case as someone is bound to chuck a bass or 2 ton piece of percussion on top of it. If its likely to get knocked by something big or heavy take the hard case - you have to remember you're wrappping your instrument in nothing more than a layer of squishy foam.

Last edited: May 17, 2005
  6. pjb120

pjb120 Member

Id never consider using it for anything other than my motorbike, but I am a bit concerned about the insurance thing - it is a possiblity that if I have a minor accident, it will screw my instrument up + I wont be able to claim. I dont see how I could do it any other way though, since it would be impossible to carry my hard case. This is the one (big) obstacle for me as I downgrade from car to bike.

7. i got my gig bag from john scheerers music shop in leeds, glyn kearsley the MD of wetherby is the boss there, hope this helps :)