Death of James (Jimmy) Ogden

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by musicarama, Feb 19, 2008.

1. musicarama

musicarama New Member

It is with great saddness that I write of the death of my father James Ogden, better known as Jimmy. He died at Chorley Hospital on Monday morning 18th February 2008, aged 82. He had been a bandsman for most of his life playing Eb bass with most of the local bands in and around the Chorley area, including, Chorley Silver, Coppull, Lostock Hall, Standish, Weldbank, Rivington & Adlington and the famous Leyland Motors Band. Having not been playing for many years it is doubtful many will remember him. However, he taught myself and encouraged all my children (his grandchildren) to play in brassbands. I will miss him more than any words can express he was not only my father but also my best friend, we have spent many happy hours together talking of the banding movement past and present and of his own experiences. I will miss those talks!

His son, Peter
  2. musicarama

musicarama New Member

My dad's funeral took place yesterday at St.Peter's Church, Chorley. Members of Freckleton and Eagley Brass Bands were kind enough to play at very short notice and I would like to thank them from the bottom of my heart for making the funeral service so touching and complete. The ensemble played 'Nimrod', the hymn tunes St.Peter's and Deep Harmony, which sounded superb. I know my dad would have loved every minute of it and it is with their contribution that I know that I carried out my dad's last wishes to the full. It is people like those mentioned below that make the brass band movement so special and I will never be able to thank them enough!
    From Freckleton Band I would like to thank: Andy, Vicky, Gill, Rachael, Gareth, John S., and John W.
    and from the Eagley Band I would like to thank: Tina.

Peter Ogden & family
  3. jeanheyes

jeanheyes New Member

Hi Peter and Family. It is with very deep sorrow that Ron and I have just read on the Mouthpiece of the death of Jimmy. Please accept our sincere condolences on this loss to your family. He will, I am sure, be greatly missed, a gentleman at heart and a brass bander to the end. God bless you all. Ron and Jean Heyes.