Death Of Eric Cunningham

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by BoozyBTrom, Apr 28, 2004.

1. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Great North Eastern conductor dies

The very sad Press Release reads:

It is with deep sadness that I report the death of Eric Cunningham on Saturday 24th April, Eric was the musical Director of the Craghead Colliery Band and latterly the Ever Ready Band from 1950 - 1989. He was undoubtedly the driving force behind the Band during this period and it's many successes both Regionally and Nationally were due to his ability dedication and enthusiasm. The funeral will take place on Friday 30th April at Shotley Bridge and the Ever Ready Band will be providing music at the service. A tribute to Eric will be forwarded in the next few days.

The funeral will take place on Friday 30th April at the Snods Edge Church Shotley Bridge at 1-00pm.

Press Release issued by friend and former colleague Ray Huchinson.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Eric Cunningham
    Great North Eastern
    Ever Ready Band
    Ray Huchinson
    Craghead Colliery Band
  3. Sparky

Sparky Member

We were priveleged to have Eric conduct us for some competitions a few years ago. I remember him as a suberb musician, an excellent conductor and a gentleman. I'm sad to hear of his death.

4. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

I wasn't a member of Ever Ready when Eric conducted the band, but he conducted Newcastle Brown Ale when I was a member, and I remember feeling cheated when we eventually wrapped up the rehearsal at 9.50 p.m. - usual finish 9.25pm, and feeling what can only be described as uplifted by the whole experience - a rare, dedicated, gifted and charming man. God Bless