Death of Barry Waddington

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by iancwilx, Oct 11, 2004.

1. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

I'm sure his many friends will be devastated to hear of the death of Barry Waddington after a very short illness at the age of 58.
    Barry was a talented front row Cornetist for Yorkshire Imps, Sellers International, Hammonds Sauceworks, Lewington Brass and recently with Lindley Band.
    He started his playing career as a talented schoolboy soloist with Leeds Model Band.
    I am sure I speak for other old Imps players in sending our sincere condolences to his widow Denise.

Ian Wilkinson

2. brass journo

brass journo Member

Having played with Barry at Sellers and known him well I am devastated at this news. He was such a kind and gentle man, dedicated to the bands he played in.

My thoughts and the thoughts of all of us at Co-op, especially those that knew him and played with him at the various bands, such as Sellers, Imps and Hammonds, go out to Denise, all his family and friends.

He will be much missed but forever loved.

Tabby

3. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

The Imps would like to convey their sincere condolences to Barry's family.
    Currently reorganising the Imps archives, Barry Waddington shines out as a major stalwart of the band during it's most successful times. Banding has lost a great bandsman.

Nigel.

4. deave

deave Member

I am absolutely gutted about this news. Only heard that he was properly ill on saturday night, and couldn't beleive it then. I sat next to Baz for a couple of years at sellers and he was a really cool guy, always in a good mood. If anyone has any news of the funeral, please make it public, as I would hate to bother denise at this time. thanks

5. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

The Funeral is next Monday at Huddersfield Crematorium at Fixby but I don't know the times yet - I think it's in the morning/lunchtime.
    I'll post more details as I get them.

6. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

Didn't really know Barry that well as I only joined Sellers as he left, but from what I remember he was a pretty amazing guy. Condolences to his family, even though no words will make their pain easier at this time, we're all thinking about them and Barry will always be in our thoughts.

7. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Barrys funeral is at 11.30am on Monday (18th) at Huddersfield Crematorium at Fixby.
    I gather that any bands people who wish to pay their respects are welcome.

- Ian Wilkinson