Death of a true bandsman

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by DaveB, Jul 26, 2006.

1. DaveB

DaveB New Member

It is with great sadness that Meltham and Meltham Mills Band announce the death of Steve Townend, a true bandsman and friend.
    Our thoughts at this time go to Sandra and family.

A funeral service will take place at 11am on Friday 28th July at Scapegoat Hill Baptist Chapel.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Steve Townend
    Meltham
    Meltham Mills Band
    Sandra
    Scapegoat Hill Baptist Chapel
  3. Di

Di Active Member

Sorry to hear your sad news. Please pass on our best wishes and respects to the family.

I've moved this to an area where unregistered guests can post their respects too.

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Heard the news tonight, what a shock.

Knew Steve from my very early years at Meltham Band. Never knew him all that well but we always had a quick chat if we bumped into each other out and about.

A gentleman of banding and a great servant to Meltham Band. Will be sorely missed I'm sure by all who knew him well.

Rest in peace, Steve.

Joff - Hepworth Band

5. markyboy

markyboy Member

Very saddened to hear the news at the weekend.

For those of you who didn't know Steve , he played at Meltham for 30 odd years off and on , only taking a brief couple of breaks from banding because of work and family commitments.

A really nice guy who never seemed to say a bad word about anyone. I also remember his great sense of humour as well.

Steve was a Baritone and Euph player.
    He lost a brave battle against cancer at the age of 48.

Will be very much missed.

6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Steve Towend

We are all going to miss you Steve.But we are going to give you one hell of a send of at the Church tomorrow.All our thoughts are with Sandra and the Family. Mick Hall