Deal or No Deal

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by little_miss_marcroft, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Did anyone watch Tuesday nights show?! I was watching this old giffer on a losing streak with £75,000 maximum winnings, and he wasnt doing reet good. So I left the house to go catch my bus and walked past a TV shop... and Deal or no Deal was on, and the afforementioned giffer was jumping up and down celebratory stylee.

DID HE WIN THE £75,000 ?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Deal or No Deal
    Deal
    losing streak
    maximum winnings
    old giffer
  3. Di

Di Active Member

Remind me, TV, is that one of those things in the corner of the room with pictures on? :dunno

4. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Nope - if it's the one I saw, he settled for £9400, and the women who had the £75000 in her box "earned yourself a kiss".

Eeeuuuugggghhhhhh.

5. yes thats the dude. i saw him get offered the £9,400

Aaaah grand.

Thanking you muchly.

6. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

You're an idiot Marcoil! x

7. oh I love you too you geordie wench.,

8. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Did anyone watch it today? I came in half way through when the chappy was sayign something about the Royal Albert Hall and flugel horn.

Does he play in a brass band?!!

Commisserations on not winning the 100k!

9. Sopfonix

Sopfonix Member

Deam No Deal

I absolooooootly love Deal No Deal and record it every night, 'cos I am still at work when it is on. I will check out what he says and let you know later. :clap: :clap: :clap:

10. Di

Di Active Member

As we already have a thread on this programme I'll lock this one, keep things nice 'n tidy. ;)

EDIT: Change of plan: threads now merged, PB, Mod

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2006
  11. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I watched it! What you heard was pretty much it - he's played lots of instruments, and used to be in a brass band (cornet, flugal, tenor horn...then he said violin!).

How good was it yesterday though?!!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Deal or No Deal
    Deal
    losing streak
    maximum winnings
    old giffer
  13. Jamie

Jamie Member

With that braaave woman who kept no-dealing til she was left with 75 or 250k?! I was leaping around the room!

14. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

Yes that was amazing being left with all three big numbers, sooooclose to the first 250k winner

I love it

6.10pm on channel : 4 More

15. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

But i have to ask would we ever see that...? The best chance of being made the biggest offer is if you have £250k and £100k boxes left. If you were there, and were offered say £160k - would you 'No deal' and risk it?

Personally... I'd take the £160K.

I'm not sure anyone would 'No deal' on that offer.

16. timbloke

timbloke Member

I've thought about it a lot, would I "no deal" on the £100k/£250k split with an offer of £160k or similar. I think I would. £100k is serious money, about 5 years wages and would almost buy me a house. So I'd not sneeze at that amount of money, even with the £160k tempter.

17. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

As Kirsty mentioned on Tuesday if you can live with the fact you only £100k then No Deal if you can't then Deal

Personally I'd have dealt a long time earlier...........

18. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I think that if I managed to get to the final with the 100k and 250k still in play, I'd just go for it and take the risk - because it's such an unlikely situation to be in!

But I know that I would probably deal a lot sooner, so wouldn't get that far into the game anyway!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  19. Jamie

Jamie Member

But that's exactly what she did do. She was left with 75 or 250K, was offered 125K and decided to go on because she said she could live with leaving with 75, so it was worth the risk.

If it were me, I'd have taken the 125K. After that, 75 doesn't sound so good... albeit considerably better than the state of my account at the moment!

20. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

Yes, I would have taken the £125k. I think it has a lot to do with age too, look at the guy yesterday, (day before actually), who took 8 and a bit (I was doing tea at the time, so can't remember exact amount or name of guy) when he could have gambled one or two more deals. However, he was not a young guy, and 8k+ was beter for him than the game going pear shaped (like they sometimes do).

Do you know, this is the first time for many years that I have actually made a point of scheduling my day to fit in with a TV programme :eek:

21. matti_raz

matti_raz Member

22. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Thank you God!! :) Tho has anyone found an english version?

Anyone know if they have any plans to make an interactive DVD game type thing of the game show? I reckon it would go down really well, and preferably can they do it before August because it would be the perfect birthday present for my dad!