Daylight Robbery!!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Maestro, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

I hope that Will and Andy Wooler manage to get some sleep tonight.
    Their beloved West Ham didn't even have the decency to wear masks when they robbed poor old Norwich of Dean Ashton. :ranting2: :ranting2: :ranting2: :ranting2: :ranting2: :ranting2: :ranting2: :ranting2: :ranting2: :ranting2: :ranting2: :ranting2: :ranting2:
    Pardew should do the decent thing and let us have him back on loan at the very least!
  2. Magic Flute

Magic Flute Supporting Member

Worried we might catch you up, Maestro???
  3. julestools

julestools Active Member

He should never have left the Alex !

4. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

*Impersonates a mod*

Maestro, please do not overuse smileys.

*Ceases to impersonates a mod*

*cough* Craig Bellamy *cough* Precedent *cough*
  5. Will the Sec

Actually you can have 'im back. He didn't wave at the fans with any enthusiasm, and we're two nil up anyway. :biggrin:
  6. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

From the BBC website

"West Ham are to pay £7m, plus a conditional £250,000, while Norwich have negotiated a 15% sell-on clause."

It's hardly daylight robbery. The way I see it one club makes an offer and if the other club (in this case Norwich) like what they hear then they take the money and wave bye bye. He was under contract, if Norwich thought him worthy of keeping then they could simply have said no to the offer from West Ham.
  7. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

I shall sleep extremely well thank you. Omly 5 points now behind the South Londoners.

A`great send off tonight for Thomas Repka - hows Ashton in defence? ;)
  8. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

I am afraid I have to disagree with you Kev. West Ham are welcome to the self centred, moody, dodgy groin / hamstring injury prone half wit.

Since Norwich got relegated he has not been part of the team and only interested in himself, most of the time he warmed up alone and then spent most of the games wandering around the centre circle with his hands on his hips.

His last game at Carrow Road, he goes down injured in the 2nd half, limps around for 15 minutes not chasing even his own shadow. Gets subbed and when he comes off has a go at Worthy for taking him off!

He also signed a contract extension earlier this season, why bother if at the first interest from a Premiership club he wants away?

Botttom line is we won't go up this year either with or without him. However my main concern is what old Worthless will do with the money..............
  9. Will the Sec

It's called playing the game.

"Look, son. We know you're going to go sooner or later. If you sign a five year contract now, then when it comes to you moving, we all win.

You can say you didn't request a transfer and were under contract and claim a large signing on fee. We benefit because when we sell you, you've a large portion of your contract left and so get full value for you."

Sound familiar?
  10. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Fully aware of that Will, but it was only a 1 year extension to an existing 4 year deal so would not have made that much difference to the overall value.

He has admitted he wanted to move away. I would too if I was on 10% of the profit made on the sale as he was.

I have watched him for a year now and he flatters to deceive. You may think its sour grapes, but the guy has not endeared himself to the Carrow Road crowd during his stay here.

2 years ago Norwich were top of the Championship and went on to win it based on no stars and hard work and a collective team spirit. That has gone this season. Is there any coincidence that that team spirit disappeared when ALL the first team took a pay cut at the start of this season, yet one player got an extended and improved contract?