Dawn Rollins

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by Chunky, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

It is with great sadness that I have to inform you of the untimely and tragic death of Dawn Rollins.

Dawn played cornet with the Dereham Band for many years and was also a past Chairperson of the band.

Dawn also enjoyed playing and helping out other bands and for many years had played with the Delph Band at the Whit Friday contests and only this year played with Yorkshire Co-Op.

Dawn and her husband Colin were tragically killed whilst on holiday in Malawi, when the light aircraft they were travelling in, crashed killing all 6 occupants.

I am sure you will all join me in sending our thoughts prayers and condolences to Dawn and Colins families and the members of Dereham Band.
  2. Di

Di Active Member

Such a sad, terrible tragedy. Please pass on my best wishes to their family. :(
  3. brass journo

brass journo Member

Such sad news - only a few weeks ago Dawn was part of our winning team at Whit Friday and from everyone at Yorkshire Co-op, our hearts and thoughts go out to all of Dawn and Colin's family, friends and everyone at Dereham.
    I will never forget the last e-mail she sent to the band after the Whits saying how pleased she was to be part of our team that night and how even more pleased she was that she wouldn't have to see our MD's backside, should we have played badly! She had a real sense of humour!

4. ratley

ratley Member

Steve and I had the pleasure of Dawn's company at a few of the Bournemouth masterclasses - she indeed had a fantastic sense of humour and an innate sense of fun.

Our thoughts and prayers are with her and Colin's families - she will be sadly missed.

5. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

We at Delph Band were really upset to hear about this tragedy, I, myself did not know Dawn but my band mates have told me that she was a great person who will be terribly missed.