David W Ashworth appointed M.D. of Hoover Bolton Band.

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Hoover Bolton, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoover Bolton

Hoover Bolton New Member

The Hoover Bolton Band appoint Dave Ashworth as MD.

The Hoover Bolton Band are pleased to announce that David W Ashworth has been appointed Musical Director.

It is some time since Dave resigned from the BMP Europe Goodshaw Band, where he was Musical Director for almost 4 years. However, after several weeks rest, he was approached by the Hoover Bolton Band and without hesitation, decided that it was time to make a return to banding.

It is understood that the band had been severely let down by another conductor ,and at very short notice, Dave gladly stood in to fulfil the rehearsals and concerts in the interim period. However after a very short time, it was obvious that Dave and the band worked very well together and an immediate approach was made, which he gladly accepted.

David Sharples, the bands Secretary said, "We are very lucky to secure the services of Dave. He is a highly respected conductor with an excellent track record and a fine reputation. I am sure that the band will move forward from now on.

A statement from Dave says: "I am very pleased to have been approached by the committee and accept the position of Musical Director with the Hoover Bolton Band with pleasure. The band has, for several years, had a very fine reputation. I have worked as guest conductor with them on several occasions and I am fully aware that the bandsmen are all very hard working. I can see a very bright future and look forward to the forthcoming contesting season."
  2. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

A great bit of news for Hoover. :clap:
  3. BIG Paul

BIG Paul Member

I'm sure Dave will do an excellent job.

good luck to all

4. axleman

axleman New Member

Great News Dave All The Best And Good Luck . :)
  5. David helped us out of a tight spot too over Christmas.
    Good luck to you all.

Denton Brass
  6. vonny

vonny Member

Dave you will be an good asset to Hoover Band, as I know that you are an excellent conductor and a nice person :biggrin:

x Yvonne x
  7. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

I've played under Dave - he's a nice fella, glad to see he's doing well!
  8. Frontman

Frontman Member

Many Thanks

May I thank the members for their kind comments, both by this reply system or other means, (telephone etc.) regarding my appointment. We now have a full compliment of players and they are all working very hard on forthcoming Concerts, and are looking forward to competeing at Brass at the Guild at Preston in February.

Once again a very big thank you and best wishes to you all.
  9. maple626

maple626 New Member

10. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

? - congratulations? - I thought he had resigned recently.
  11. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

"In out, in out, Shake it all about"

I'm glad we made the right decision !
    - Wilkie
  12. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

He he, no need to be politically correct now eh Ian? :biggrin:
  13. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

It's a wonderful feeling !!
    Only 3 weeks until you too can throw off the shackles of perceived "Acceptable behaviour"
    We can get our jaws flapping and rock the very foundations of the Brass Band World ( Not the Magazine)
    Our longstanding playing partnership will be refocussed and employed to undermine the bedrock of bandings boring blandness.
    Perhaps we could sign up a few more rebellious, loud mouthed arrogant fellows like ourselves.
    Bring it on Brother !
    - Wilkie

OK Mods - back on track now!
  14. ashwortdn

ashwortdn Member

Clearly no one knows the reason Dave left the band but as normal everyone makes up their own story and everyone jumps on the band waggon.
    Why not ask the man himself.contact frontman by private message.
  15. andyfake

andyfake Member

Having spoken to our Chairman tonight, following his receipt of an e-mail from David Ashworth, I have been asked to make it clear that the Kippax Band does not in any way wish to be associated with comments in this thread, which seem to have caused some offence to Mr Ashworth.
    Whilst no amateur band could, or would indeed wish to, have control over the postings of members past or present, David has raised this matter with us and we feel it is important to respond appropriately.
    David had a very good audition for the then vacant MD position at Kippax, before withdrawing his application in order to take up the position at Hoover Bolton. No "decision", right or wrong, was made by the band, therefore.
    David has kept in touch with the band and has made a point of listening to and talking to us at contests since meeting us. We have no wish to lose such a positive friendship and hope that this statement, along with a private email from the Chairman, Colin Moss, will clear this matter up.
    For the record, Steve Butler is no longer playing with the Kippax Band and is in the process of transferring to the Yorkshire Imperial Band. Ian Wilkinson had announced his intention to retire after the "Area" and is, unfortunately, unable to play at the moment for health reasons.
    The Kippax Band would like to wish David Ashworth all the best in whatever direction his musical career next takes him!
  16. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the explanation Andy. We think that everything that could be said has been said now, so we feel that it is time to lock this thread

the Mod team
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.