David Thornton, Aquinas College Stockport, Wed 21st April

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by sparkling_quavers, Mar 31, 2004.

1. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Concert featuring World renowned soloist David Thornton, Euphonium. Performing a solo recital at 7.30pm on Wednesday 21st April at Aquinas College, adress: Aquinas College, Joseph Mayor Building, Nangreve Road (off the A6), Stockport

Tickets for the evening will be £3 for students and £4 for adults. Phone 01614193624 to reserve, tickets are also availible on the door.

this evening concert truely is an unmissable experience of hearing the player who, at just 25, is the man regarded by some as the worlds best euphonium player.

Davids newly released solo CD will be on sale before and after the performance.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    David Thornton
    Aquinas College
    World
    Stockport
    Euphonium
  3. Fifi

Fifi Member

Im a member of the college. and i think it would be great for you all to come down and support the college. As may of the students including leisa and myself are also playing in tye concert. It will have solo items as well and brass group. It should be a really great night, im hearing that he is too be paying some magnificent items in the programme. I will be a treat for all those brass musicans out there.

4. Jennifer Webber

Jennifer Webber New Member

We now have a few programme details....

David will be playing works by:

Peter Graham - Brilliante
    Philip Wilby - 3 Imporvisations in a Japanese Garden
    Peter Meechan - Funk Theory

Plus other works from his new solo CD, Three Worlds.

Contact details are in the posts above - thanks to the girls for the advert!!

It will be a great concert and I hope to see you there...

Jenny Webber

Concert co-ordinator

5. trombelle

trombelle Member

yes everyone come!!!
    jenny is my teacher and nikki is fellow brass group player!
    will be an excellent night :)

6. Fifi

Fifi Member

hi

its leisa! remember me????? im just writing a msg from nikkis name quickly!!

everione has to come to this concer it is gonna be the best and you should come just to see the funny posters jenny has put up all over college and of course to see myself, nikki and trombelle and jenny and of course david thornton!!!

so everone has to come anyway

thank you
    Leisa x

7. trombelle

trombelle Member

:oops: just thought that i haven't actually told anyone who i am....it's michelle!!!

1st trom (with debbie) in orchestra and brass group!!

but if you just wanna call me trombelle...well thats up to you! :shock: :)

8. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

oh dear leisa.......just can't keep anyway!!! revising :? :? tut tut....taking to using nikki's account now!!

back on topic...i might come along if some other flixton people fancy it..

9. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Re: David Thornton, Aquinas College Stockport, Wed 21st Apri

Actually he turned 26 recently! :D

But yes, he's my teacher, and so sometimes I get to hear some of his recent works, and they are amazing. I highly recommend this concert.

10. Dave Thornton

Dave Thornton Member

Programme details for this recital have now been posted on my site at...

www.davidthornton.eu.com

.....so please go and have a look!