David of the White Rock

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by stotty74, Jan 12, 2006.

1. stotty74

stotty74 Member

Hi Everyone
    This is a bit of a long shot, but...
    Except for the Northop guys on here(!!), has anyone ever played an arrangement of 'David of the White Rock' by Paul Mealor? I'm not sure if Paul ever had it published (well i can't find it) and we seem to have lost the score which is needed quite urgently!! I have tried ringing him, but had no luck in contacting him.
    As i said, bit of a long shot, but i had to try.
    Cheers
    Karl

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    David of the White Rock Hi Everyone
    Northop
    David of the White Rock
    Paul Mealor
    White Rock Hi
  3. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Hi Karl , does Paul not teach up at Aberdeen Uni? I had a chat with him at the Northop festival of Brass. does Anwen not have a number for him?
    hope this helps Mate..

4. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

University of Aberdeen Music Department 01224 272570, they should be able to get a message to him?

5. stotty74

stotty74 Member

Thanks for that - obvious suggestion which i hadn't even thought of!! Tried him at home, but obviously he's already gone back. Will try him at Aberdeen.
    Thanks

6. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

I've never played that one Karl - I bet it's a really good arrangement is it? Paul's incredibly talented.

7. stotty74

stotty74 Member

Further developments on this now...
    Spoke to Paul, who said his arrangement was published by 'Yendell Music Publishers' a long time ago (didn't say how long ago!!) and he no longer has a copy of the score. I'm trying to find info about them, but no luck as yet. He suggested borrowing from another band, so back to my original question, has anyone played it/got a copy of it?
    Only other thing he suggested was copying the parts out onto a new score!! Anyone want to volunteer?!?! Please?!?!?!

8. stotty74

stotty74 Member

It is actually a really nice arrangement. We used it in 'Brassed Off' at Theatre Clwyd in 2004 and 2005. Quite simple, but very effective. It's also on our new CD (if anyone wants to hear it!!). I agree with you Gaz, he is a very talented guy, just doesn't arrange very often now.