David Daws at Hadleigh, 29/4/07

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by PeterBale, Apr 19, 2007.

1. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Sunday 29th April 2007, 6pm

David Daws

(cornet)

and

Kathryn Hill

(piano)

will be the guests at the monthly praise meeting at Hadleigh Temple, supported by
    Hadleigh Temple Band and Songsters

The hall is situated on the A13 London Road, opposite Morrisons and the Fire Station. Free parking in Morrisons' car park. As this is our usual worship meeting, there is no charge. The meeting will end at approximately 7.30, when tea and coffee will be available; all welcome ;)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  2. PeterBale

In case anyone is interested, the programme was as follows:

Hadleigh Band: Heroes of the Combat (Bramwell Coles)
    David Daws: Life's Pageant (Terry Camsey) (with band)
    Kathryn Hill: Stars & Butterflies; Nostalgia
    David Daws: A light in heaven's window (Larsson arr Camsey) (with piano)
    David Daws: A day for living (Ron Foot) (with piano)
    Hadleigh Songsters: In the Heavenly Choir; Compelled by love
    David Daws: When we cannot see our way (Steve Bulla) (with piano)
    David Daws: Lord with my all I part (Peter Ayling) (with piano)
    Kathryn Hill: A nightingale sang in Berkeley Square; There's within my heart a melody
    Hadleigh Band: There is a Green Hill (Noah Bruce, arr Roy Newsome)
    David Daws: Lord, show me what I need (Ray Bowes) (with band)
    Hadleigh Songsters: Grace Alone

We'd had an excellent rehearsal with David on the Thursday beforehand, and he was on top form on Sunday. He is able to make a straightforward melody into something very special, and he was well supported by Kathryn on piano, whose own choices made a welcome change from yet another rendition of "File aux cheveux de lins" or "Wedding day at Troldhaugen"!

3. Jonesy

Jonesy Member

Pleased he's got Life's Pageant back out. Remember listening to it as a little lad on 'I Hear the Music', great solo. Hopefully he'll resurrect some of the other classics off that CD that nobody seems to play anymore!

4. PeterBale

He was telling us that he had emailed Terry Camsey and told him he was playing it. A very under-rated solo in my opinion, even though it is a parody on "Zelda".