David Childs!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by sugarandspice, Jan 5, 2005.

1. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

went to see David Childs in concert with Cornwall youth brass band over the xmas holiday- he's gorgeous! :D :D :D :D was very impressed....playing was quite good too! :)

anyway, i met loads of tmp people there too!! my blonde comment for the evening was "its like a reunion.....for people that have never met before!!" :D

me and liz sat next to naruco :) and majoresteve, bassinthebathroom, AJSOP and Jezzabell were playing-great concert guys :)
  2. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

It was a really good evening! :D Really good concert and great fun meeting the tMP people!! :D David Childs was pretty good too!! :D
  3. Majoresteve

Majoresteve Member

it wasnt too bad, hes a great guy to work with.
  4. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

I always wanted to play like the Child's brothers.That didn't happen , so I decided the least I could do was to emulate them in the waist size department !! Now they are both slim !! Not fair!!!!
  5. Dianamite

Dianamite Member

I'm sure they can't dance quite as well as you can, though!!!!
  6. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Nice to meet Kelly and Liz... small world you guys would be there :p crazy as ever....

and nice to see the members of the band whom I know again... Steve, Jess, AJ etc etc.... I can never get away from Iain ;-) :p he follows me everywhere....

The band played fairly well. Very impressive I thought really... the programme wasnt easy, with at least 3/4 major works, which, for 4 days work, wasn't bad....

David Childs just didn't play spectaculary, as ever; but when he conducted the band in the final piece in the 1st half, there was a big difference as well...

50th Anniversary concert at Easter :)
  7. Kayleigh

Kayleigh Member

They do practice the pieces before the course. Leading up to the the course for like 4months ish??!
  8. Naomi McFadyen

Yes, I do know Kayleigh, I used to play, remember..... they have one rehearsal a month leading upto it... or something like that..... however I'd be amazed if every player practised their parts before the course to be frank :p
  9. sugarandspice

Now now dear....... :D :D
  10. Naomi McFadyen

:lol: well, there was :p

11. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

There was quite a big difference - well done Mr Childs!

By the way Kelly, you need planning permission for your new avatar!! :rolleyes:
  12. sugarandspice

good job i dont listen to the news then isnt it!!

this IS NOT a private conversation-anyone is welcme to fill me in on the new laws of my home county!!:D
  13. Naomi McFadyen

ummmmmmmm... if u use names of towns/bridges etc for a composition you need permission... so I couldnt call a piece of music "Tamar Bridge BLAAAAH", cos whatever council own the bridge.......... as for avatars..... i dont see what the problem is...

what was the topic again?... ah yes.... CYBB.... bravo.
  14. the soprano

the soprano New Member

oo hello kelly, hello liz!!

15. Ginge

Ginge Member

Missed the course this year unfortunately!
    Well, missed the concert anyway. Was pretty much there every other day. Glad to hear the concert went well anyway.

Majorsteve - Are you still holding davids' pencil tight?! :lol: Will you ever let go???
  16. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Welcome on tMP! Do you also wear loud shirts, just like "super_sop" (Craig)...?
  17. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Wow, it's Andrew!! Helloooo!! Got a bit confused there - thought you were the other super sop! :D

Ok, back on topic!! (Sorry...)
  18. sugarandspice

Andy's here!! :)

yay-pendennis are going to take over! :)

ps-andy change your user name!! :)
  19. sugarandspice

andy's here :) (change your user name tho!!)
  20. Majoresteve

Majoresteve Member

theres no way im going to lose that pencil!!

for those of you wondering what were talking about, i walked in on DC practising and ummmm.... borrowed his pencil, just didnt give it back. its sad i know :)