David Beckham back in the England Squad!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by rick_arnfieldB, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Do you think bringing David Beckham back into the England squad is a step backwards?

Personally I think it is I really think we should be brining new youngsters into the team and building them up to be star players.

2. MissBraz

MissBraz Member

I dont think it is a step backwards if he performs. Which he did.
    But the more pressing question at our football club this weekend was - who is going to be scoring goals for us?! As in strikers........

3. ....

Good point we dont seem to have the strikers, was Rooney Injured?

4. MissBraz

MissBraz Member

Uhhh im not sure, but he has not been on form recently, cant seem to connect with the mid fielders and vice versa probably.

5. ....

what team do ya support?

6. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Erm......don't mean to interrupt ;):D

Rooney was left out of the friendly against Brazil because he is banned for the match on Wednesday.

IMHO Beckham should never have been dropped. He is the best modern day midfielder England has seen. His work rate for the team is phenomenal. Nobody can cross like him or take a free kick like him. He was our best player against Brazil. I really hope he lasts through to the next European's.

7. IMHO! I think that Becks can cross take a mean corner and a damn good free kick but what else can he do! hes getting on! his passing hasn't ever been good! i think its a step backwards! he rushes around trying to make tackles and just getting tired! he wont be as fit playing in America resisting the burgers will be hard enough, i think old golden balls should hang up his boots! but saying that i am Welsh so we could do with any decent players about now! especially now we have lost a true Welsh Wizard! Any england player would liked to have seen Giggs in the England side! :p what you guys think of the England Gaffa?

8. MissBraz

MissBraz Member

Hahaha Rick i support Chelsea....... :S lol its not a bad thing really, but seriously Beckham may be a step back in somes opinion but we need someone who can take free kicks and corners like him, the minute he doesnt perform fair enough take him out, but we need all the chances we can get.

9. o no not a chelsea fan lol!!!! Im a Man utd fan !!! But i understand he is good at free kicks and corners but thats it!

Think it will be good to see someone like Saun Wright Phillips there:clap:

10. MissBraz

MissBraz Member

haha an unlikey frriendship... ha! But most the guys i know support man u and you know we dont argue to much!! haha
    I dont really rate wright phillips, he doesnt do much and then sometimes suprises everyone lol... i dunno

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    England
    FONT=Tahoma
    David Beckham
    FONT
    England Squad
  12. we can still be friends even though your a blue and im a red! So you think we will qualify for the Euro's?

13. MarkGillatt

MarkGillatt Member

What is the point of putting Shaun Wright Philips on the right wing? Sure, he can go past people for fun, but if the ball into the box doesn't even clear the first defender then it is a waste. I'm no Beckham lover, but he has a great delivery and when you have a 6'7" giant in Peter Crouch you need to be putting balls right on his noggin!!

14. MissBraz

MissBraz Member

MMMM :confused: What does everyone think? I just watched the interview with Mclaren or however you spell his stupid ruddy name! And hes not sure hes going to put Beckham in the team?!?!!? What is wrong with him!!
    Haha in response Rick... I think we might qualify, one thing is for sure we either will or wont!! haha

15. ha ha we won woohoo :)

16. WOW! England so you can win! Lol! Now please show the Welsh how to do it! After watching the game tonight Becks was the best player on the pitch! Without him would of been nil:nil! I don't like Becks but i cant help but admit he is the best in the world on the wing at crossing!

A good win in the end, but it wasn't easy!

17. Bungle

Bungle Member

The other team did give Becks alot of space and time to cross the ball, I'm not sure he will get that against the top teams in the group. I just wish Jermain Pennant could cross like that.