Dave's "Soap Box"

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by jpbray, Sep 14, 2004.

1. jpbray

jpbray Member

Dave Payn's "Soap Box"

Will Dave ever get into a lather and write his "Soap Box" or will he just sink to to the bottom in a gungy mess?

No pressure Dave.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2004
  2. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I wrote it nearly two weeks ago. I'm waiting for 4br to put it on there....

;-)

3. jpbray

jpbray Member

TOUCHE :D :D :p

4. jpbray

jpbray Member

Dave I have read your soap box on 4BR with interest, and think most people would agree that the adjudicator’s comments are important. Since these remarks should provide good third party impartial comments about your particular band

Nevertheless, as to what adjudicators are looking for in the lower sections should be, is the band getting the basics right; i.e. adherence to the score, intonation, dynamics, tempo etc.

Whether we get sufficient diligence from ajudicators is always going to be a matter for debate. However considering the amount of work that will have gone into preparing a test piece, even the band that comes last should by right be due a constuctive ajudication.

I think it is a fact that people can take critism so long as it constructive and not just a slagging session. Consquently it is constuctve critism that forward looking bands can take on board and help them improve. :)