Dave is leaving us... but cannot see this category:)

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Oct 1, 2004.

1. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

I've never met you either, Dave (although my old man has). However, as with so many of us, you've made a lasting impression on me, just like a lot of tMPers.

I hope it's not too long before you can rejoin the 21st century.

All the best in Arran from me and rest of the Ransome band who lurk online.

Sam

2. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Sorry duplicate post - didn't see it go off to the mods for approval.:D

Last edited: Oct 12, 2004
  3. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Dave

Hope everything works out for over the border. I shall certainly miss the footie quizzes that passed a few afternoons and your lightning wit! Just hope Arran is ready for it.

Good luck and look forward to seeing you on here again very soon

4. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Dave,

Sadly, we haven't met but I feel I know you pretty well through your numerous posts here. Your posts were always ones I would look out for, they are always well informed, well reasoned and in the case of some of the puns, well.......awful ;) .

You were also the first person to reply to my first post (starting with a pun too!!) thereby making me feel a part of this fine forum and ridding my "first post nerves" :) .

You've made a huge contribution to the success of tMP, not least with your input to the copyright factsheet.

Your posts will be missed for sure, I hope it isn't too long before we see you again.

Ian

Last edited: Oct 12, 2004
  5. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Good Luck Dude!

Dude!

youve given a lot of pleasure over the time that i've "known" you. its been good fun reading your posts, and your entry into "the house" was intresting to say the least.

i know we havent met (yet) mut hope to one day put you on my list of friends made through tMP.

good luck in all that you do up in sunny scotland.

dont be a stranger for to long.

Craig

6. Best of luck for the future Dave, your posting here will certainly be missed a great deal...

7. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Thought I'd post this little pick of the great man himself in action! He gets around a bit, this year we've had him Banging at the back, waving at the front and blowing his own on the side :D

Attached Files:

8. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

I know I've posted my personal thanks, but I would now like to post on behalf of Yiewsley And West Drayton band and thank you for all your help throughout the year, you've been an absolute diamond!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2004
  9. Sam Atherton

Sam Atherton Member

All the best for the move - I hope all your plans go to plan!

Sam

10. cornetchap

cornetchap Member

All the best on your new adventure Dave.

Cheers, Greg.

11. I think it's about time someone told the truth on here y'know!! Sorry Dave only kidding. It will be a tad strange without you around to be sure. I'm looking forward to hearing what the sop part of Divertimento is supposed to sound like. To explain, the first contest I took Fulham to, Dave was playing sop. I'd heard all about this guy but only met him a couple of times before the contest. When he arrived at the venue he took me to one side and said (and boy are these words burned in my heart!) "Paul I've good news and bad news. The bad news is that I've forgotten my music - the good news is that I remember the part I think!" Just what a conductor needs before he goes on stage! But in true form, not only did he remember the part but got a mention in the remarks!
    Enjoy God's own land my friend.

12. dyl

dyl Active Member

Coming to Wales as well then Dave? ;)

13. Cyclops

Cyclops New Member

Having only joined tMP yesterday, (why has it taken me so long?), it's fitting that my first post should be in recognition of DP. I have been lucky to meet Dave more often than most of the people who have posted here. (Lucky might be too strong a word for it though!!:D ) His wit, dedication to music, and general love of a few pints after gigs and practices was something that kept me interested during my early days at Fulham Brass.

Dave, I hope you have a stress free and happy time on Arran.

Best of luck

Danny

14. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Right, it's time for me to respond, but I don't know how!

Firstly, reports of my death are a tad premature (or whatever it was Mark Twain once said). As I'll be starting my own Internet based publishing business when I move up there, I'll certainly have (slow) access but (a) without broadband and (b) given what I've got to do to get myself even a half decent amount of money to start with, my visits to tMP will certainly be severely limited for the first few months. (That'll get my average daily post down to single figures! Ha!)

Secondly, I can't believe all this! I'm only a humble poster! ;-) To John and Will, thank you and big huge Arran hugs for setting this up; and thank you to all those who've put messages on here (and more big Arran hugs). I haven't read all of this forum yet (I've read all this thread but not the whole 'leaving' bit), but I'm really flattered. Thank you peeps :)

But before this gets like an Oscar speech......

Yorkshire bloke goes into the doctors and says 'Look doc, I think I've got summat stuck up me backside. Could you 'ave a look?' So the doctor has a look and fishes out a £10 note. 'Must be me lucky day' says the patient. The doctor says 'Hold on, there's more'. And proceeds to fish out another £10 note, a £5 note, a £20 note...... this goes on for some time and eventually the doctor pulls the last note out. The patient asks 'How much was in there, then? '£1,995' says the doctor, so the patient smiles and says 'Eeeee I knew I weren't feeling two grand!'

15. SteveT

SteveT Member

farewell

Thank god you are going.............. all we adjudicators can come out of hiding now!

Seriously, I hope you find what you are searching for up there in the remote North!

God speed.

Stephen Tighe

16. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

dave

not actually met ya, or really even spoken to ya (how did i get away with that!? :p) but i'm sure i've missed out. u seem like a sound bloke and i wish you all the best in sunny :)-? ) scotland. gunna miss the useful posts and the anagrams, and (i'm reluctant to admit it), ur wit too. take care mate :)
    hugs,
    akwa xxxx