Dave is leaving us... but cannot see this category:)

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Oct 1, 2004.

1. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Hey Dave!

As someone who only joined the day after me you've helped me to feel sane about the number of posts I've made in the last year! Your random bits of useless information have been almost as inspiring as the useful stuff, and the odd "non-family friendly" pm has kept me amused! Hope Arran holds everything you hope for, and you and the missus are very happy for years to come!

ps. if I'm not invited to any wedding that may transpire I'll be VERY upset!

2. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Dave,

I've been a member of this forum for only a few months, but right from the beginning, you were one of the more "striking" people on this site (not sure whether this is a compliment ;) ).

I enjoyed both your more serious contributions, as well as the "Random chat & off-topic" stuff and especially your contribution to the BOC brother experience!

I wish you all the best luck in Schotland. I still hope to meet you sometime, when I finally find an opportunity to cross the Channel. (Whether I would like to meet you a second time after that, will depend on the outcome... :D ;) )

Hope to see you back on tMP soon,

3. Di

Di Active Member

Dave,

Vicki and I have never met you. You briefly bumped into Kitten (aka Vickitorious) in the house to create a bit of chaos between you which was enormous fun. Your anagrams and quizzes have kept us amazed and amused and your wit appears endless. :p

We both wish you all the very best in your new life in Scotland and may you very soon get reconnected to the internet and tMP. ;)

Diane and Vicki.
    xx

4. Well I never got to meet you Dave, it's a little too far away for a beer!

I wish you well in your new life, come back to us soon, we'll be lost without your witty comments!

Best wishes

5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Well, I've met Dave twice, and I'd still be willing to meet him again! Both times was to exchange cd's once we realised we both worked in the same part of London. I'm sure we'll all miss -hopefully for only a short while! - his lively wit, swift retorts and, of course, those anagrams (never got anywhere with the trumpet players one, Dave, only worked one of them out :shock: )

Enjoy yourself across the border, but don't forget us - you can always "get yer coat" and come back to visit ;)

6. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

I've met him loads of times. First class bloke an asset not just to any band but to any musical organisations in the local (and not so local) vicinity.

7. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

I have enjoyed your wit and humour too! good luck for the future
    All the best Sharon and all at Long Eaton Silver Prize

8. brass journo

brass journo Member

best of luck in Scotland and happy banding!!

me and all the rest of the gang at UCYBB

9. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Dave

I have met you or more than one occassion, and still manage to think you're an alright bloke.

I have something that may keep you amused for a few hours, or a few weeks, depending how soon you can get the Internet connection up and running in Arran. This has been running for over 10 years and is a good cure for insomnia Click here

10. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

All the best in Arran (and get reconnected soon!) - tMP won't be the same without you!

Love and best wishes, Rachel, Ian and all at Cottingham Band x

11. groovy

groovy Active Member

Hi Dave, hope you are very happy up here in Scotland, it's a great place. You have been a great part of tmp and we'll all miss you loads!
    Groovy x

12. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

All the best Dave.
    Hope you enjoy your new life in Arran, and that everything turns out how you want it to.

It certainly will feel different around tMP without your wit and those seemingly endless number of anagram quizzes ;)

All the best,

CK

13. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Good luck Mr Payn
    There are always ways and means to tmp!If there is a way I'm sure you'll find it and add a terrible pun to as many threads as possible;)

Love Caroline xx

14. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

All the best Dave! You will be greatly missed on here!
    You are the king of wit! :D
    Take care
    Dawn x x

15. trombelle

trombelle Member

well sir, what can i say that hasn't already been said?

like many people on here, i have never met you but your contributions and support of tMP seem endless! you have a 'wacky' sense of humour (interpret that how you will ;) ) but you also offer some good, helpful advice.

i hope you have as many happy memories of tMP as it's memebers clearly have of you.
    Our loss is Scotlands' gain!

all the best
    shell xxx

PS: i can imagine that as the undisputed 'tMP King of Puns' you are going to have a lot of fun with the name of your new home; Arran.

PPS: Arran out of things to say here.

PPS: I'm sorry. I tried! i bow to your Great Punliness

16. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

I can't believe that it's almost time for you to move north. It seems so long ago that you first mentioned it. Here's hoping that you enjoy the new life that lies ahead of you.

Personally, I think you've been my all time favourite tMPer. The afternoon that we spent "discussing" Phobile Moans ranks as my favourite thread ever.

Cheers Dave, and good luck to you :D

17. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I'm going to miss the randomness the most...and the anagram quizzes, and the humour...:(:(:cry:

Good luck for your new life without tMP :shock: (not for long I hope!)

Bye bye,
    Liz xx

18. andyp

andyp Active Member

Good luck Dave, hope you'll be back soon. I'll miss the Goon Show quotes, the quizzes, and the jokes (no really!).

19. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

Dave

I enjoyed reading your wit and puns and you were a bit of a Payn in some instances - oops it seems the pun had rubbed off on me!!!

All the best in Arran - and don't forget tMP and pay us a visit once you get on-line again!

20. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Dave i'm sure it wont be too long before you get access to some on-line facility so it's just au revoir not goodbye. Certainly have enjoyed your posts and I really appreciated the way you grovelled after I had to correct you about the correct spelling of my name.

Never met you but I'm sure we'll meet up some day - you are always welcome to come and have a blow or stick wag with our band anytime you're in the Sheffield area.

All the best for your move to Scotland and watch out for the wild haggis they are a lot fiercer than the shop bought variety.