Dave is leaving us... but cannot see this category:)

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Oct 1, 2004.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Dave Payn leaving us soon... our thanks to Dave!

Some of you may know that very soon, Dave Payn is moving to a new life in Scotland and as he will not have regular access to the internet he will be leaving us here at tMP. Dave has simply been a fantastic contributor to tMP, always quick in responding to tMP'ers posts. Always full of (sometimes dreadful) wit, very often the prize contributor of bad jokes and sometimes showing us his endearing charms, he was absolutely fundamental in the preparation of the highly regarded tMP Copyright Fact Sheet. We couldn't have prepared this without Dave and personally I am eternally grateful to him for his superb contribution.

I am very saddened knowing that Dave is to be leaving us, we will have lost a fantastic tMP supporter and member. I would like to wish him the very best in his new life up North.

I hope you will join me here in posting your farewell comments to Dave.. anything you want to say about him you can post here. (NB: comments posted here will be moderated using a new feature in the software we use at tMP, which means you won't see your post immediately, but only as soon as a Moderator has approved.)

If I have set this feature up correctly, Dave CANNOT see this category or any posts made here either so you are safe to post without him seeing anything. We will enable access for him in the days running up to his departure from us.

Please don't post about this hidden forum anywhere else on tMP as we obviously don't want Dave to know anything about it. I am sure he will appreciate the gesture of people's posts and will thoroughly enjoy his final, hopefully very large, read of tMP. So, don't post a reply in this thread unless you really want to, but by all means start your own thread...

Enjoy..

Last edited: Oct 1, 2004
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Dave
    Hope Arran
    non-family friendly
    years
    missus
  3. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Dave,

Have only met you the once, but that was enough for me................

to realise what a thouroughly good musician you are.
    You made me more than welcome when I depped for your band, and that was a great feeling to made so welcome.

Not only that, but you are a true gentleman as well.

Good luck in chilly Jocko land.

I might have some 'arran'gements (now where have I seen that before...hope it wasn't copyrighted) for you, if you're interested.

Regards

Kev

4. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Dave,

Sadly I have never met you (and your beard) in person, but your postings has been a highlight of the forum. When I heard you were going to live on a small island without any modern technology I was gutted. :(

So I organised a whip round to see if we could get you internet access, but 57p isn't quite enough to lay underwater fibre optics!:D

All the best,

Chris

5. dyl

dyl Active Member

Dave,

Have never met you personally (thank God ;) ) but thanks to tMP it seems like I've known you for ages! All the best with your new life, and hurry up to sort yourself out with 'net access. tMP won't be the same without you.

Regards,

Dyl.

6. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Dave, I've been looking at your puns and jokes for so long now that I'm actually not wincing at them any more... well mostly...

You're a class contributor to aspects both serious and seriously random, and I hope you get a web connection sorted pronto to join us all again. Maybe if all the sheep line up, you'll be able to send an electrical signal through the wool!

Good luck in the land of baaaa, and remember, you're only a short swim away from us now!

Kepps

7. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Hey Dave! :D

Good luck and all the best with everything up in the bitter-cold North ;-)

I shall miss the jokes and puns and laughs that sometimes, (just sometimes ;-) ) really made my day... :)

See you 'round mate and keep smiling :-D
    Best Regards,

8. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Dave:

Greetings from what some refer to as "The Great White North" :)

A lot of people, myself included, will find more time on their hands that will need to be productively filled after your departure from tMP. Our access to an impressive knowledge base will be missed.

Wishing you every success as you carve out your own niche in your own corner of the White North.

John Brooks

Last edited: Oct 2, 2004
  9. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Although we've only known each other face to face for a short time, I have enjoyed the friendship we have made online and will miss you.

[​IMG]

Thanks for the memories!

10. Heather

Heather Member

All the best as you begin this new stage of your life.
    Its been nice reading your posts and you'll be greatly missed.
    Good Luck and much happiness.

Heather x

11. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Only met you in person the once Dave, more's the pity, but have enjoyed reading all your tMP contributions (and cyber meeting you in the BOC Bro house ;) )...tMP will be a duller place with you offline.

I'm sure we will all endeavour to keep the OTD going but probably not to the same high standard.

Cheers Dave, and good luck hunting the Haggis.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Dave
    Hope Arran
    non-family friendly
    years
    missus
  13. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Only met you once in person Dave, more's the pity, but have thoroughly enjoyed your millions of contributions to tMP! This will be a duller place with you offline that's for sure (although the laughs:gags average ratio should increase no end!!)

Good luck hunting those Haggis Dave, and don't ever go sunbathing in the hills, you might be mistaken for a heeland coo!;)

Bye Dave.

*edit* Hmm :-? My first post didn't seem to have worked so this was my second attempt...sorry about that! (oops)

14. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Im only a fairly recent tMPer, but in the time ive been on, I have enjoyed reading your interesting, witty and very imformative postings and maybe 1 or 2 Bad jokes aswell!! You certainly know how to liven things up with your comments! :lol:

I read in another thread, your down the south end of Arran, well Campbeltown is just 15 or so miles across the water to the west. We are a 3rd section band, (still short of a MD!) and you are most welcome to come over for practices anytime your at a loose end, either conducting or playing!

You could get the 1/2hr ferry from lochranza - Claonig or I could put you in touch with a man I know, who sells rowing boats....! ;)

Hope you get settled in ok and we'll maybe hear from you in the future :D

15. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Dave, I've never met you,
    "Thank God!" I hear you say.
    Though p'rhaps one day our paths might cross
    It's not to be today.

Welcome to my Country,
    The temperature's not hot,
    But we are so friendly
    You'll want to BE a Scot!

My Dad came here from England
    I usually don't tell ;)
    He loves it here so much that he
    Keeps it shtum as well!

Just think of all the things to do
    When there's no tMP
    You can always start a campaign
    Lobbying BT

I'm sure you'd wear them down enough
    To modernise the lines
    They might do it free of charge
    Once you girlfriend whines

"He's doing my head in, help me!"
    They'll get right down to work
    "Anything for you, my dear"
    But not that English Berk!

We will surely miss you
    With your "special" brand of fun
    You will have to write to us
    With the occasional pun!

As I said before I think,
    You are welcomed here
    So make yourself at home
    Have a whisky or a beer !!

:guiness

Come to Whitburn, Dave, on the 6th November. Moy and I will be there - along with some other tMPers from Scotland I'm sure! I'm the one playing that beautiful Courtois flugel in Granite City Brass ;) <disclaimer>I said "playing that beautiful flugel" not "playing that flugel beautifully" ;)</disclaimer>

Most of all - HURRY BACK to tMP!!!!!!

16. Lil Miss

Lil Miss Active Member

Hey Dave,

it's a shame we haven't met in person, so far all i think is that ur a great bloke who's very witty!! (that cld change if i find out who u really r ;) :-D ) I'm gonna miss u :cry: We've had sum fun conversations, and i'm gonna miss em.
    Best of luck and hav a great life!!!!:D

*JEN*

17. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I find it hard to believe that, even though I've only been a proper regular on tMP for the last few months, I've made such good friends and that I'm losing one now.

I'm sure it'll only be temporary, 'cos you'll probably camp on the doorstep of whoever it takes and abuse their ears with your trumpet (sorry, long model cornet) your excruciating puns and what passes for London humour until they give in and let you have your fix of tMP.

I didn't manage to meet you either, something which I will regret. However, if you take up Campbeltown's offer we might meet at a contest sometime. If all else fails, there's always the chance that we'll get enough people together to have a tMP bash to which I have no doubt at all that you'll be invited.

tMP will certainly be a quieter place without you.

Good luck and all the best for your future in the beautiful land of the Scots.

Oh. By the way Dave: As you've pict such a nice place you might want to take a camera and get some scotch snaps. ;)

Mike

Last edited: Oct 5, 2004
  18. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Dave, although I've only met you in person once (not enough :-( ) I feel like I've known you for ever! I'll miss the puns, the info and the brain-melting quizzes, so hurry up and knit yourself a broadband connection!

See you around...

19. dyl

dyl Active Member

Hmmmm - anyone else notice the worrying trend here? Of those who have met Dave - they've only met him once. There's one for the consparicy theorists among you................. ;)

20. HBB

HBB Active Member

GO FOR THE SATELITE BROADBAND! IT'S WORTH IT DAVE!

Seriously, you're been funny, even when we have had to put up with your unfunny puns. Just remember Super Trouper ... god, we had a laugh! :)

Have a great time!

Ben

21. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

That one's going in as well, Dyl!!

Thanks to all who've contributed so far - Looks like I'll be needing a big card to hand to him!

22. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

Dave,

All the best for your future in Scotland - tMP will definetly not be the same without you! And thanks again for helping me out with my avatar that time - you are a sound bloke!

Gaz