Dates now available for 2010 Stocksbridge Band Club

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by brassintheed, Aug 12, 2009.

1. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Band Club Sunday 11th April 2010

City Of Sheffield Band Club – Sunday 11th April 2010

Killamarsh Silver Band will be playing at the Band Club this Sunday starting at 8pm and our programme will be:

March Emblem of The Army – Arthur Gullidge
    Love On The Rocks – Neil Diamond & Gibert Becaud arr Philip Sparke
    It Had Better Be Tonight – Henry Mancini arr Klass van der Woude
    Nottingham – Hymn, Mozart arr Goff Richards
    Live And Let Die – Paul and Linda McCartney arr Ray Farr
    Hinderum Munschter – Traditional arr Derek Broadbent
    Hard Rock Hallelujah – Mr Lordi, Mr Kita, Mr Amen, Mr Kalma and Miss Awa arr Jan Van Kraeydonck

2nd Half

Scooby Doo (Where Are You?) Ben Raleigh and David Mook arr Andy Duncan
    Classical Item – Premier Performance
    Witchita Lineman Jim Webb arr Ray Woodfield
    Blue Bayou Roy Orbison and Joe Melson arr Mike Sutherland
    Beyond The Sea – Charles Trenet and Jack Lawrence arr Frank Bernaerts
    So Many Lives (Millennium Prayer for Peace) Carole Becker-Douglas arr Leigh Baker
    Volare D Modugno and F Migliacci

2. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo Member

I'd better make sure I'm there this week as you're starting the second half with my theme tune !!! ;-)

3. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Fantastic weekend of band concerts for you this weekend:

Tonight (Sat 10th April) - City of Sheffield Band in Concert - St John's Church, Deepcar.
    The programme includes: Songs of the Quay, Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom, Gethsemane, Shine as the Light, Jubilee, Share my Yoke, Feeling Good, Peanut Vendor and much much more... tickets available on the door £6 (£5 concessions)
    Proceeds will help keep the band club going so come and support us and enjoy a great evening's music at the same time.

Sun 11th April - Killamarsh Band (past winners of the entertainment prize) - Niagara
    Fran's already put the programme further up in the thread.

Enjoy the weather now spring's finally got here, and finish it off with two great brass band concerts.

See you there.

4. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

URGENT NOTICE!! I've been informed that tonight's band club has unfortunately had to be cancelled.. Sun 18th April. Please let anyone know who you think might be attending.

5. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Tomorrow night is the fantastic Stannington Band at the band club. They've been one of the highlights at the concert season for several years now.

6. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Excellent concert last week by Stannington. Real crowd pleaser. And delighted to see so many people there.

Very happy to report the band club broke even for the first time in.. well.. a long time!! Hopefully this can carry on and secure the future of the band club concerts.

Tomorrow night is another local favourite, Deepcar band conducted by Gavin Somerset (you'll have heard several of his arrangements played throughout the season). See you all there.

7. IJK

IJK Member

what program did Stannington and Deepcar play?

8. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

I can't remember what the exact program was. Anyone from Deepcar or Stannington on here can let Ireland Colliery know this please? I presume it's to avoid duplication for this Sunday.

Looking forward to welcoming you to the band club for the first time :)

9. IJK

IJK Member

you are right there but we are not this sunday we are on the 23rd May and we are all looking forward to it

10. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Sorry, yes of couse you are. Got an extra day holiday today and not put my brain in gear yet :).

It's Old Silkstone this week (9th May).
    Then a week off (16th May)
    Then Ireland Colliery Chesterfield Band on 23rd May.

11. Number1euph

Number1euph Member

The program Deepcar played at the club is as follows:-

1st Half

Barnard Castle
    Best of Bond
    Jeanie with the Light Brown Hair - Euphonium Solo - James Broadhead
    The Rose
    Georgia on my mind - Cornet Solo - Liz Hartley
    The Wind Beneath My Wings

2nd Half

Pastime with Good Company
    On with the Motley - Horn Solo - Geraint Hale
    Singing in the Rain
    Haven't Met You Yet - Michael Buble Song - New Arrangement
    Make Me a Channel of Your Peace
    Clog Dance
    Can Can
    Lord of the Dance

Great Night, very enjoyable as usual.

Cheers

James
    Deepcar Brass Band

12. IJK

IJK Member

Cheers James

13. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Ta Mr Broadhead :)

And yes a really enjoyable concert again on Sunday by Deepcar, several of the regulars in the audience commented how much they enjoyed it.

14. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

Stannington Played:

Breezin down broadway
    Iolanthe overture (the old yellow one)
    Glorious ventures – Cornet solo
    In His Hands
    Men of Harlech
    The Magnificent Seven
    She Moved through the Fair
    Big Mancini

Guadelajara
    Crimson Tide
    Well did you evah- Trombone Duet.
    City of Bern
    Be a Clown
    Bear Necessities – Eb Bass Solo
    Jerusalem.

Encore
    The old Rugged Cross

I hope this is all of them!!

Great evening again we all really enjoyed playing, and it was good to see so many people there to listen.

15. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Another great Championship section band this sunday at Band Club. Old Silkstone Band. Should be a good one

16. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Just a reminder that there's no band club this Sunday (16th May) as City of Sheffield Band are at Blackpool taking part in the Spring Festival Senior Cup Contest - we'll do everything we can to make all our band club supporters proud.

The following week (23rd May) brings another first time band to our season - Ireland Colliery Chesterfield Band. I know they're really looking forward to coming to perform, and it's shaping up to be a really enjoyable concert.

Only a couple of concerts left in this years season, so lets finish things off in style.

17. IJK

IJK Member

Yes we are looking forward to being there in just under 2 weeks. Good luck to City of Sheffield this weekend in Blackpool.

Here is the Program Ireland will be playing at the concert. It is subject to minor changes but I am sure you will be very entertained

Let Me Entertain you
    Light Calvary
    Over the Rainbow
    Hot Toddy
    Varied Mood
    Kumbaya
    Lightwalk
    Bui Doi

Interval

One Voice
    Punchinello
    I Believe
    76 trombones
    Lil Darlin
    Carnival Venice
    Buddy
    Adiemus for Brass
    Sing Sing Sing

18. IJK

IJK Member

Would like to thank City of Sheffield for hosting ICCB last night. Apart from the heat we had a great time and hope to be in visited back next year

19. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

glad you enjoyed it. Really sorry I couldn't be there, was really looking forward to your concert, but I got called away with work.

20. kimbo

kimbo New Member

Thurcroft Welfare Band will be at the Band Club this Sunday evening June 6th.

Our programme will include the "Thurcroft Centenary March" which the Band had specially commissioned by Darrol Barry courtesy of an Arts Council Grant, "Elegy" by Graham Boag, "Life Cycle" by Andrew Stephenson our Principal Cornet (awarded Best Soloist in our Section at this year's Yorkshire Area contest), plus Huckridge's arrangement of Saint Saens' "Danse Macabre", Paul Lovatt-Cooper's "Big Top" and Darrol Barry's "A Celtic Impression". We promise a varied programme with old favourites as well as other pieces you will not have heard before.

Hope to see friends old and new on Sunday evening! Come, listen to our Band!!