Dates now available for 2010 Stocksbridge Band Club

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by brassintheed, Aug 12, 2009.

1. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Dates are now available for the 2010 season of the Stocksbridge Band Club. Once again held at Niagara in Sheffield.

The season is extremely popular and we really encourage any bands who haven’t experienced it yet to get in touch, whatever standard.

We had so many bands apply to play at the club last year that we had to dissapoint several. For this reason we've extended the band club to 18 dates, which is the most we've ever run. However these dates are already being booked up so please ask for your prefered date as soon as possible to avoid dissapointment. There's always a battle for the later dates so I'd advise to try to get in earlier in the year to have a higher chance of booking your place.

10/01/2009 to 30/05/2009 Sunday nights - start 8pm.
    The only dates unavailable in this season are 07/03/09 (Yorkshire Area), 04/04/09 (Easter Sunday) and 09/05/09 (Spring Festival Contest)

To book your place, either e-mail me on, send a private message on here, or phone me on 07825610319. I'll try to keep up to date on here with the availability of remaining dates as things go along.
  2. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Have you recycled last year's dates? I think the next Spring Festival is 15/05/10, which is a Saturday.
  3. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Hi Alex, thanks for that, I've double checked and your right, the website I picked it up off said 8th May, but this is wrong. So 9th May is available, and 15th May isn't. Thanks for for noticing the error :)
  4. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Only a handful of dates left now. Make sure you don't miss yours this year.
  5. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo Member

A reminder to everyone that Stocksbridge Band has changed it's name to the City of Sheffield Band. The City Of Sheffield Band Club season begins tonight at Niagara Sports and Social Club in Hilsboro, Sheffield at 8pm. Free entry to all concerts but we ask that you support the bands by buying a raffle ticket (or 2!). See you there - Scisset Youth Band tonight.
  6. IJK

IJK Member

what bands are on what weekend???
  7. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo Member

8. IJK

IJK Member

Thank you looking forward to when we play on the 23rd May

I know there is an awards night at the end of the concerts what are the awards?
  9. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Previoulsy there are have been awards for "most entertaining band" and "best soloist" and I think there's a new one for "youngest player" too.
  10. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo Member

You can also search for 'city of sheffield brass band' on facebook and join the group for all the latest news.... (I'm not sure how often the website is being updated at present !)

There are a couple of changes to the list on the website link as follows....
    Dronfield Band will be performing on February 28th, Killamarsh
    Band will now be performing on April 11th instead of Thurcroft and the City
    of Sheffield Band will be performing on June 20th and not May 30th (Bank Holiday so cancelled). 14th Feb has also been cancelled due to Valentines Day.
  11. IJK

IJK Member

What Music have people been playing this year? I remember last year people were posting their programmes on before the night
  12. blasterbates

blasterbates Member

Thurlstone are not doing "Born Free" this year - sorry Nick. And due to the number of rehearsals we've had to miss, "Music of the Spheres" is off as well, but we'll knock out a few nice tunes for you, don't worry ;)

Blaster Bates
    M.D. Thurlstone Band
    14th Assistant Triangle, B&R
    5th Horn - "The Three Tenors Horn Quartet"
  13. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Dronfield and Killamarsh wont be playing Born Free either
  14. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

In that case we might . . . wouldn't want people feeling short changed this year!
  15. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Important Notice: 21st Feb 2010

Just been advised that tonight's band club IS going ahead (despite snow in some areas). Tonight's band is Nottingly.
  16. blue juice

blue juice Member

17. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

woops, sorry, my bad :)
  18. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo Member

The City Of Sheffield Band website is now being kept up-to-date and all the band club dates are on the website (See for the new website).
    Also, band details are posted on the bands facebook page so search for 'City Of Sheffield Band' on facebook and join the group !!!

Knottingley gave an excellent concert last night but the snow and bad weather put a few people off coming out - but it was their loss !!

Check the website and/or facebook for future dates and come along for a great / informal night of band music....... :)
  19. Elliebone

Elliebone Member

Dronfield Band are playing next Sunday - hope it doesn't snow :)
  20. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Dronfield's programme for Sunday 28th Feb 2010 (subject to change) will be

The Red Shield
    Saint Saens Variations
    Flugel Solo Harlem Nocturn - Maria Pemberton
    Irish Blessing
    Euph Solo - Benedictus - Sarah Whittington
    Procession to the Cathedral

At the Castle Gate
    Cornet Solo This Is My Story - Adrian Wood
    Amazing Grace