Dates for 2007 regionals

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by clairetab, Jul 28, 2006.

1. clairetab

clairetab New Member

Can anyone help? Have searched in vain (albeit not very extensively - I'm very lazy!) for the dates for the South West and South East area next year. Will I be able to book my hen weekend for 31st March/1st April without half my hens crying off (me included?!?!).

Thank you!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
  2. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Wasnt it printed in the programme? Im pretty sure it was either a week earlier or a week later than this years. The11th is ringing a bell?!

I will have a look for my programme, but my entire room is still in boxes from coming home from uni so basically i dont stand a chance of actually finding it! :)
  3. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Yep the West Of England Regionals are the 10th and 11th of March (I managed to find my programme pretty easily!) :)
  4. jim

jim Member

Congrats Claire!!! anyone know when the welsh arears are?
  5. clairetab

clairetab New Member

Thanks. Can't remember the last time I bought a programme at a contest... Seem to have mastered the art of borrowing from random strangers/reading over people's shoulders pretty well in recent years :)

Anyone know about L&SC?

6. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

I believe the L & SC areas are 17th / 18th March.

Hope this helps.
  7. Deano

Deano Member

The Welsh Area is the 17th & 18th March, great clash with the finale of the six nations Wales v England at the millenium stadium on the saturday, the bar will be fuller than the hall once again.
  8. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

What about the rest of the areas?

North West for me

Any ideas?
  9. Delbert

Delbert Member

2007 Regional dates

My understanding was that ALL 8 Areas are over two weekends. 10th and 11th and 17th and 18th March.

Could be wrong though.......
  10. persins

persins Member

What a wonderful piece of planning that would be if all the regions were split across two weekends.

I bet the adjudicators and conductors would love that!!
  11. jim

jim Member

Excellent!! I can play at the west of england arears on the wekend before and go down to the welsh arears the weekend after for a social!
  12. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

If it is right, does that mean that we will have some new adjudicators - it seems the same names keep on coming back year after year but if the contests are over 2 weekends, it may not be possible.

The same applies to conductors. Some must generate a lot of their income from the Areas but wont be able to do so this year. Some of them must be a bit annoyed - and of course the bands that would ordinarily employ them...

13. Mr_Euniverse

Mr_Euniverse Member

So is the set test piece Salute to Youth??? Anyone heard any different?
  14. persins

persins Member

Woohoo!!! :woo
    Just checked the London Irish Fixtures and found that the biggest Party of the Year does not clash with the Regionals!!!

I had a major panic attack thinking that the London Irish Paddys Day Party was on the same day as the West of England Regionals.

Thankfully, the WoE regions are on 10th -11th March and Paddys Day Party is on the 18th March.

With Wasps coming to town, many records could be broken!!:guiness
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2006
  15. RJM06

RJM06 Member

Anybody got any ideas for The Midlands Area next year?Where we are and everything?