Date a hot Asian lady...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Mesmerist, Feb 2, 2018.

1. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

I've just looked at booking an MOT at Kwik-Fit.

Guess what advert is now at the top of the page?

Yep, Kwik-Fit

2. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

The interesting question I think relates to why some are getting easily understandable targeted advertising and some are getting completely inexplicable adverts.

The answer's somewhere to be found between obvious and completely incomprehensible...

3. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

It may be browser related. I have criticised Firefox recently for being too stringent with what it lets me see (as well as being super slow and prone to hanging) but maybe it's protecting me?

4. rootertooter

rootertooter New Member

I still see no advertising at all. From what I have been told in no uncertain terms in the past it is related to surfing history (however embarrassing) which stevetroms posts would appear to back up. Could someone else be using / hacking peoples Wifi ?

5. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

I'm going to try looking for something bizarre to test out your theories. Umm. I know. A bra for a goat. I believe there is such a thing.

Jack E likes this.
  6. Mesmerist

Nope. Had several goes. Alan's Skip Hire. Car accident claim. Big Bear Mountain resort. Oh and War records 1790-1940s.

7. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's very satisfying to maintain that browsing history is the only factor... (Tee hee, someone's making sex searches on someone else's computer and they think we'll believe them when they protest innocence...) And it's obvious that it goes in to it. But also we've established that there's more to it than that. My WiFi's password protected, I've had no suspicious usage, and no-one within hacking range even smokes...

8. Jack E

Jack E Well-Known Member

Mesmerist - you slay me!! But can you get it in a push-up version?
    :D

9. Jack E

Jack E Well-Known Member

I don't know if it ties in at all, but when I was using a BT Yahoo Internet address and Firefox, my e-mail inbox was constantly flooded with spam (and, as I still have to have the BT Internet address for a few things, to a certain extent it still is).

But, when I switched over to G-mail, I also changed my browser to Chrome. That was about 3 months ago, since when I've had ONE spam email in G-mail, and that's all.

mikelyons likes this.
  10. Mesmerist

11. Jack E

Jack E Well-Known Member

upload_2018-2-5_23-6-8.png

Mesmerist likes this.
  12. Mesmerist

Oh I just got a Hire a Scottish Bagpipe player! Not even kidding :D Excuse me a moment as this is something I've not even thought about looking for!

Euphonium Lite and Jack E like this.
  13. Euphonium Lite

Euphonium Lite Active Member

Depends what you use your bagpipe player for - do they do "Extras" (Haggis Carving, Caber tossing, etc)

Jack E likes this.
  14. katieeuph

katieeuph Member

I get the Nicorette and 'Asian Lady' adverts on here too. I've never smoked- and never intend to- and am happily married to a man with no 'interest' in ladies...and I have sole use of this computer. It also has the strongest of filters as I use it around my small children, so I'm pretty certain no-one's ever searched for anything remotely 'dodgy'. In fact, this is the only site where the adverts are in this vein. Odd.

15. David Mann

David Mann Member

Mine is suggesting I join something called Facebook, whatever that is. ;)

Jack E and mikelyons like this.
  16. GER

GER Active Member

I get life cover for the over 50's, I know I am but is there any need to rub it in?, it'll be bloody funeral plans next!

17. Slider1

Slider1 Active Member

Well you did mention goat udders :):):)

mikelyons and Mesmerist like this.
  18. Jack E

Jack E Well-Known Member

I started getting funeral plan ads just after I got out of hospital after having a heart attack - yeah, thanks, people; I really need that to welcome me home . . . :( . . . would you like to come and measure me up for my wooden overcoat?

I felt like this bloke:

:D

mikelyons likes this.
  19. julestools

julestools Active Member

I’ve been looking everywhere for a “hot Asian lady” but all I get is “halliwell Jones Mini!”

Mesmerist likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice