Date a hot Asian lady...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Mesmerist, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

Bit confused with the ads I see regularly on here what with it being a family forum and all that. And don't say it's geared up to my personal usage because it's really not!

2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I've contacted the owner about this: we had a few a while back - adverts, not girls! - but I'd not spotted any recently.

Mesmerist likes this.
  3. Mesmerist

No worries Peter and if you want to delete this thread that's cool. :)

4. Mesmerist

5. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

6. Euphonium Lite

Euphonium Lite Active Member

Theres always the Brassed Off quote - "She blows Flugel like a dream...."

Mesmerist and mikelyons like this.
  7. Suzi Q

Suzi Q Member

Over the top of this thread, I’ve got ‘Explore Japanese women’. I’m guessing these posts are making that as more likely though! Still highly inappropriate though (even more so considering I’m straight! )

8. Suzi Q

Suzi Q Member

I wonder if it would help if more of us clicked on the cross in the top right hand corner of the add, and chose not to see the add again, and then the reason ‘ad inappropriate’?

Mesmerist likes this.
  9. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Count me in if that will help in any way.

10. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I don't see any of these ads!

11. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

I currently have an advert for Nicorette patches at the top of the screen. Neither of the two people who might use this IP address smoke...

It's a little relieving, really. Sometimes it feels like the big data companies (Facebook, Google, etc.) are piece by piece prising out all the little hidden details of everyone's psyches. They can't be that good at it if these are the results!

12. rootertooter

rootertooter New Member

Nor me, infact I dont see any adds. Surely its cookies from previously visited sites that are causing this problem to a few members ?

13. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Sorry, but I’ve just seen an ad to ‘explore Japanese ladies’, there is absolutely nothing in my search history that would trigger such an ad for me

14. Mesmerist

Err no! I have zero interest in meeting ladies of any nationality even if they play baritone so these sites are not visited ever!

15. Mesmerist

Never mind Mike. Perhaps your turn will come soon...

16. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

I wonder if the Internet Service Provider used has an impact on whether you see these ads or not? Maybe it's not so much to do with previously visited sites as much as stronger filtering by some ISP's?

17. whippet

whippet New Member

An ad blocker works wonders!

mikelyons likes this.
  18. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Currently an advert for RS Components is at the top - a company I do use at work from time to time - so maybe these adds are related to browsing history?

19. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Well-Known Member

I currently have an advert for Porter, the Fashion Magazine, at the top of my page. Anyone who knows me would know that that is not something that remotely interests me. However my daughter was home for a couple of days so maybe that has something to do with it.

To an extent I’m sure that the adds are random. Mesmerist, there’s really no need for you to pin her husband to the floor and question him. :) .

Mesmerist and mikelyons like this.
  20. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Not related in any straightforward way - there's examples above of people being offered services completely unrelated to their interests (e.g. Wendy and Suzi - ladies when not a lady fan; me - smoking cessation when I really hate even being around smoking). Perhaps if they don't find any particularly compelling advertisement matches, they go to their most popular defaults?

Also - I already use an ad-blocker (have done for years), but these were still visible at home for me yesterday on an ad-blocked browser. Can't see them now though, on a different machine - I'll go check my home set-up...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice