Darts again

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by 2nd man down, Jan 6, 2007.

1. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

So now the BDO darts has started on the BBC again, who's your tip for the title?

I'd like Ted Hankey to win it...

and on another note, I just wish they wouldn't all insist on wearing so much bloomin awful looking jewellery! It just screams out "TACKY!"
    Anyone wearing a sovereign ring for anything other than a bet needs serious help IMO. :-?
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2007
  2. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

What does BCC stand for? Or am I just being obtuse!
  3. 2nd man down

Yep, you're being obtuse! :rolleyes: lol

4. MarkGillatt

MarkGillatt Member

I would have said Michael Van Gerwin until last nights shocker! :eek:

But now, I can't see past the Wolf himself, Mr Martin Adams, though with the defection of Barney, it's hard to see how this 2nd tier of world darts can keep going. You only have to look at the overall averages (not the first 9 darts) to see they are well below the PDC players. Also, a bit of a gripe, but why do they play so early? The PDC started at 6:30 and this BDC seem to finish by 7pm. Still, I suppose they can get to the bar then to keep their physique topped up! :biggrin:
  5. 2nd man down

Nuts! Ted Hankey went out tonight! Out for "the count" as they say! :rolleyes:

I hope wolfy or Merv (mr. popular) King wins it now.
  6. Bungle

Bungle Member

Pretty exciting final, just flicking through the channels, started watching, then had to watch to the end. Comming back from 6-0 down to level it was impressive.
  7. MarkGillatt

MarkGillatt Member

Got back from rehearsel to see that Wolfie was 6-0 up and thought it was all over. Fair play to Phil Nixon, self harming in this case seemed to do the trick (but don't try this at home!) I really thought Adams had choked. At last he's won the only title that's evaded him. Still not overly impressed. Only 260 odd 180's in whole tournament compared to over 600 in PDC version!
  8. Sopha

Sopha Active Member

nan was watching darts so i had to watch it anyway but oh my god i can't believe nixon pulled back 6-6 because at one point he was 6-0 down! think he deserved to win in the end sad he didn't! :( was a terific final though! was funny when Wolfie's misses walked out. But to be honist he was absolutely rubish at finishing untill the final dart! he could of one long before he did but at least Nixon mad him work more for his money! Nixon was a great suporter though and he was even happy for him! if he won Wolfie probably wouldnt of even said weldone he was SO competetive!
  9. Patkin

Patkin New Member

Well Done Phil Nixon, people of Ferryhill are very proud of you and what you achieved this last week..