Darley Dale Sign New Conductor.

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Shaggy, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Darley Dale are pleased to announce the signing of Andrew White as their new conductor.Andrew has been playing for Darley for a couple of years but has now accepted the challenge of putting together a band for next years "Area" contest and for Darley's busy Xmas programme.

Andrew's first priority will be to attract players from the Matlock area, where Darley are based, and from Derbyshire and South Yorkshire.

Andrew White say's "I am delighted to be taking up the baton at Darley Dale and try to bring some success back to the band. There are many players here who know how to win contests, and I hope to be able to give them another chance to bring some silverware back to South Darley Village Hall."

"One of the best attractions at Darley Dale is having such a conductor friendly chairman in "SHAGGY" he is a bloke who really knows how to get along with conductors"

Andrew White will join battle on 14th November and the Darley faithfull are looking forward to getting to grips with his big white stick.
  2. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

That's nice to read - pity he didn't tell his other band (Killamarsh) that he was taking on the mammoth task of sorting your band out as well as Thurcroft too - think we'll all need to check our concert diaries before booking jobs.
  3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I wonder how long Mr White will stay in his new post once he works out he's been christened a "Tolpuddle Martyr", a "Mr Kurts", a "Lesly (sic) Phillips", a "Les Dennis" or a "Phil Mitchell"?
  4. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

DOH!!! :eek:

So is Andy staying with Killamarsh then? Was a tad concerned when reading about his appointment on 4BR.....

Or is this not the time or place to discuss such topics Francis??!! ;)
  5. dyl

dyl Active Member

Can we suggest that if there are any issues with this appointment, that they are taken up with the people concerned, and not publically on here? It might be best for all concerned!

As for the other comments, this is a News Story, and it deserves to be treated that way.