Dance Sequence

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by lynchie, Jul 22, 2004.

1. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Does anyone know where I could find a recording of this trombone solo? I've started looking at it and it would be nice if I had some idea if my tempos were right... :oops:
  2. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

If it's the Gareth Wood piece you're talking about it's on Faireys CD 'Double Champions' played by Brett Baker. You can buy it HERE
  3. Active Member

Also available on Master Brass Volume 10 played by Grethe Tonheim.

Here's the link;

Can anyone tell me how to do the thing that lynchie did above where the actual link is buried so all you see is HERE
  4. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Just get rid of the asterisks and try that.[/url]
  5. Active Member

6. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

BTW lynchie you wouldn't be practicing this one up for
  7. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

heeeellll no! Thinking of using it for something early next year, but it's all in the development stages... very hush hush... :roll:

anyway, thanks for all the help everyone! I'll look into buying myself a cd! :D

ps. does anyone else who has played it think the notes are far too small???
  8. craigster

craigster Member

Intrada Brass (Canada) just released a CD called "The Transatlantic" with Dance sequence played by Al Kay. Al is perhaps the top pro jazz/studio/show trombone player in Canada and is most renowned as being the lead trombone in Rob McConnell's Boss Brass.

If you want to hear a very different interpretation of this solo than you would hear on most English recordings I recommend this one. He also does a killer arrangement of Londonderry Air. I played principal trombone on the CD and it was just such a treat to accompany Al.

The good news is that my friends at World of Brass do have this CD.

9. Active Member

Apologies for overlooking this recording earlier, I must get my track list document re-sorted!
    Other soloists on this new release from Intrada Brass include Russell Gray and Melvyn Bathgate;
  10. i love poo

i love poo New Member

i've played it and the notes weren't too small for me.
    but i've just got amazing eyes
    LiSe x
  11. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

Lise you're just full on amazing!

Jayne x