1. Pauli Walnuts

Pauli Walnuts Moderator Staff Member

Sad news that Dag Hollands died last night.
    Dag was a member of Eastbourne Silver Band for many years, a band that was conducted by his father for a while. I first met him when I was 10 yrs old when he was a part of Pevensey Silver Band (became Sussex Brass) and we played together in many big bands too over the years. He was also plated with me in the Uckfield Band from time to time too.
    Dag was a fine Trombone player and those who knew him will have many happy & humorous memories of him. Mine include a concert in the French town of Eu where due to alcohol, he was unable to stand and play his trombone solo. He was however able to play it sitting down and got the 2nd Trombone to stand for him and mime it!
    I will also remember him for his compassionate side too - when my mum died, she left instructions that I was to play Angels Guard Thee at her funeral. Dag was the funeral director and came back from holiday early to personally conduct proceedings. He pulled me to one side and said "I have my trombone in the hearse, if you are not up to playing it, I will do it for you".
    He will be sadly missed by us all.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Dag Hollands
    Eastbourne Silver Band
    Dag Hollands Sad
    Dag Hollands Sad news
    Pevensey Silver Band
  3. Thank you, so many wonderful stories to be told.