Dad's Army theme tune

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by josie C, Oct 12, 2009.

1. josie C

josie C New Member

I wonder if anyone out there knows of an arrangement of the "Dad's Army" theme tune for brass band and if so where i can get it from please :confused:
    Josie C
    NORTH SKELTON BAND

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Dad's Army
    Josie CNORTH SKELTON BAND
    Army theme
    Dad
    brass band
  3. STUART HAIGH

STUART HAIGH Member

I ve heard it played on the Whit Friday marches by several bands... can t remember which ones.

4. David Mann

David Mann Member

Copyright holder is (according my Busker's book) Veronica Music Ltd, 8/9 Frith St, London. Music by Jimmy Perry and Derek Taverner. They might tell you if there has been an official arrangement.

5. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

Just a thought, but with Remembrance Day approaching, you weren't thinking of using it for that purpose, were you? If so I would advise against it. Amusing though the programme was, the Dads Army theme, associated with a crowd of well-meaning but rather incompetent amateurs, does not always go down well with the serried ranks of professional men and women who you might have the privilege to lead to the war memorial and back on November 8th.

If it's for another reason I apologise for getting the wrong end of the stick!

6. Al

Al Member

I know of a band that did a tour of Austria and thought the locals would appreciate a selection from The Sound of Music. The film is adored all over the world of course, except Austria where music from it is guaranteed to make a few toes curl!

7. josie C

josie C New Member

thank you Joan !

Just spoken to a lovely lady called Joan regarding Dads Army, thanks Jethro :clap:

8. josie C

josie C New Member

Dads army theme tune

I wonder if anyone out there knows of an arrangement of the "Dad's Army" theme tune for brass band and if so where i can get it from please :confused: I did think we had managed to get it from a band but we haven't . We are doing a concert on Nov 6th and part of the proceeds are being donated to Help for Heroes, we just thought it would add a little humour to our programme
    Thank you

9. It's in memorable TV themes written in about the year dot. Haven't got the music at home at the moment, we fell over it last night at band when we were looking for Z cars theme for a police thing. ghastly arrangement and I'm sure there must be a better one out there!

10. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

What a star you are, Karen :clap:

It's on sale here http://www.justmusicuk.com/spweb/publications.php?title=memorable+tv+themes

(Other music retailers are available)

ermmm...which was the ghastly arrangement, Dad's Army or Z-cars?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  11. The whole thing is pretty awful, but probably suits the tv shows when you look back at them!

Geoff I do wonder if you need to get out more, how did you know just music have it? Mind you it's probably better than knowing where it was to start with!:redface:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Dad's Army
    Josie CNORTH SKELTON BAND
    Army theme
    Dad
    brass band
  13. The Wherryman

Simples, my little chicken, I just went to their website and searched. There, now everyone knows my secret :cool:

14. josie C

josie C New Member

Dads army theme tune

I wonder if anyone out there knows of an arrangement of the "Dad's Army" theme tune for brass band and if so where i can get it from please :confused:
    Josie C
    NORTH SKELTON BAND[/quote]

15. The Wherryman

[/quote]
    Josie, the closest we've got so far is that it is within a piece called Memorable TV Themes which is available from JustMusic.

If you pm Sop with Altitude she might be able to tell you the length of it in that arrangement. It might be suitable for your use.

16. Despot

Despot Member