D/W 3SL tuba mouthpiece

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by tubamusic, Apr 29, 2009.

1. tubamusic

tubamusic New Member

Hey, can anybody help me with a D/W 3SL silver plated tuba mouthpiece. Over here in Comber Co. Down there appears to be nobody using this one - as I am looking to try the shallow cup !! Help would be appreciated.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Hey
    D
    anybody
    tuba mouthpiece
    silver
  3. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

I personaly prefer a deep cup mpc, I have tied a med cup Loud LM15 and that tends to be brighter in sound than the Deeper cup model Loud LM-7

DW Shallow would I imagine be brighter still but would be a compromise in tone quality.

hope this helps some

4. Gorgie boy

Gorgie boy Member

I have one which I use occasionally. I got a bit into a mess a couple of years ago when I started changing mouthpieces all the time. I used the 3SL for any solo work I was doing and I thought it really helped with higher register and brought greater clarity to the sound, especially when being accompanied by band.

Still use it occasionally, and think it was a good purchase. Agree with Aussie tuba that it doesn't provide the depth of sound that a 24AW or any deeper cups would.

5. tubamusic

tubamusic New Member

Cheers Paul for that very helpful "hands-on" information, you have confirmed my thoughts and expectations for the 3SL, so I may look for one now. Also thanx to Aussie Tuba from another who loves the real tuba tone of the deep m/p with large throat. "lung buster" !!