D of E Residential

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Jo Elson, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

I am doing my Gold Duke of Edinburgh award in July, but as part of the award I have to complete a weeks residential(monday to friday is accepted) which entails going away for the week with people i don't really know, which can be anything from preserving footpaths to learning to fly. I just wondered if anyone knew of any banding courses/trips that might be coming up this year or next that i could do. :D
  2. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

there were a couple mentioned in the auditorium (i think) don't know if they've been and gone yet. There was one in the north east I think...
  3. Di

Di Active Member

http://www.wbss.net/ 26th - 31st July 2004.

8-14 August
    Brass Band Summer School - Bromsgrove School, Worcestershire - Tutors: David Childs, Owen Farr, Nick Hudson, Alan Morrison, Simone Rebello, Brian Taylor, Steve Sykes, Director: Richard Evans. Contact Philip Biggs +44 (0)1223-234090 for further details.

25-31 July
    14th International Brass Band Summer School - Swansea University. Details: International Summer School, PO Box 53, Penarth, Mid Glamorgan, CF64 5XY. Or contact Philip Morris 02920 704325 morrisbrass@btopenworld.com

Details of all of these can be found on:
  4. picju96

picju96 Member

Elizabeth College Summer Orchestral Course (ECSOC)
    16-21st August

I've been the past 8 years, there are 6 wind bands and orchestra's, sadly no brass band, and opportunities to form your own chamber groups.

PM me for more details