D-Day June 6th 1944

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Have been watching the ceromony on telly and just have to say uttmost respect to everyone that was involved in that.

The bravery that they must have had is mindboggling, I know I would never be able to do something like that.

Lets not forget what happened :!:
  2. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

They will always be remembered for their courage,those who are still alive and those who passed away.
  3. Toni2

Toni2 Member

Ditto that one matey.
    Doing a small concert somewhere -in a pub- in barnsley later which has a similar kind of theme I think.
  4. six pints

six pints Active Member

well said andy mate.
  5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Here here. May they all rest in peace. And may we never forget what our freedom cost them.
  6. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

hear hear
  7. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

These guys gave the ultimate sacrifice.

i know how many of me and my mates would and it would be one of us (if we're lucky).

as has been said, lets not ever foorget what the 'germans' did to us, and we as bandsmen who play every year at remembrance sunday can keep this alive. we can see what it means to the soldiers still alive, lets take it on for them.

ps, the 'germans' refered to above probably wanted war as much as we did, and they are a completely different bunch of people to all the germans I know.
  8. Dave1

Dave1 Member

These are important sentiments expressed by us all and equally important is to carry on remembering when the last of these old soldiers have finally left us. It will be all to easy to let the ceremonies slip once that has happened but a hell of a lot of bandsmen lost their lives too.

I am sure the band movement will play its part in carrying on.
  9. Nat

Nat Member

respect to them for thier courage.
    some really random guy came up to me on sunday and shoved the england flag in my face and said did i know what it was(of course it is for war and d-day) and i told him and he said i had no idea-but he cant have he was only late twenties! bizzare
  10. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

It's a strange attitude to have...not only hundreds of thousands of English , but Scotch , Welsh , Irish and Commonweath troops died to give us the freedom we have now .
    War does not solve anything...just watching the D-Day celebrations , yes we should remember the lads who didnt come back home.
  11. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

just want to echo what's been said, we have an old soldier in our organisation......... much respect to our Fred and all his comrades!