CV site.

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by marksmith, Feb 9, 2010.

1. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

It is becoming very obvious to me that once you are out of banding for a while, people forget you exist - or at least put you to the back of their mind.
    This thread is designed to give you an overview of individuals and their banding experience.
    If you, like myself, are still looking for the right band, add yourself here.

I have been playing in bands since 1972, starting my career at Pressed Steel Fisher band, Castle Bromwich,(once a respected Championship band in the Midlands area).
    Seeking a solo position, I joined Coventry Festival band, under Dick Arrand, beginning a long association with Coventry bands.
    I then moved to Amington, a band I have played for several times, including their rise from 4th to Championship section stint, in the 80s-early 90s.
    In 77, I joined Walsall Metropolitan (now Staffordshire band), winning the 3rd section finals following major lung surgery. I have also played for them on solo Horn and first Baritone on later, shorter stints.
    Coventry School of Music/CPA/City of Coventry, is another band that I have played for several times as Solo Euphonium, enjoying many happy years under talented conductors.
    Ibstock, Snibston, Sandwell are amongst several bands that I have enjoyed successful stints on Euph.
    Most recently, I played Solo Euphonium at Jaguar Band, unfortunately leaving due to illness and a couple of family bereavements.(2008).
    Now back to fighting fit, I am ready to take on the Solo Euphonium seat again, still having a big sound and being technically capable.
    Now in my early 50s, I am struggling to convince anyone that experience counts just as importantly as being a student at a school of music/conservatoire!
    Section not important, just a desire to succeed in competition performance and a reasonable distance from Walsall!

2. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Mark, if you are looking for a band, it might be better if you give this thread a clearer title, for instance "experienced player looking for solo euphonium seat, midlands area". i don't think it's a good idea to start a general "CV site" thread.
    Just let me know what you want, and I'll make the change.
  3. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

No problem.
    If this thread can be removed, I will come up with something else.