Customer Service

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by JessopSmythe, Jun 4, 2005.

1. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

We're all good at gobbing off and telling the world when something doesn't go the way we'd like or when we get poor service but we're equally good at keeping quiet about the good service we receive.

Just to level the balance a little, here's a rare positive comment.
    If anyone's looking for an eye test and/or new glasses, you could do a lot worse than Optical Express. Just visited their Cardiff branch this lunchtime and I've been very impressed by their whole operation, from making the appointment a few days ago, through the first impressions to the eye tests and the help selecting the right specs (It helped that the girl serving me was also a biker and appreciated the problems of choosing driving glasses to fit inside a skid-lid).

Very professional and well worth checking out.

http://www.opticalexpress.co.uk/

2. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I was taken on an excellent bus trip the other day, and when I told the inspector at the bus station, that the lady bus driver had been good, he was surprised. He admitted that the standard of bus drivers has fallen over the last few years, so any driver getting a compliment was noteworthy.

It made his day, and he promised to speak to the driver.

3. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

We had a bus driver once who asked us if anyone else was going to get on the bus before he set off :D (most of them set off just as you get to the door very annoying...)
    Specsavers people are nice aswell I had to go in to get my glasses fixed cos the screw came out and the lady was really nice so was the one that helped me choose my glasses frames :tup

4. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Whenever I get good service I always, but always, make a point of bringing it to the attention of someone.

I work in a customer service environment myself and I know and appreciate how much it means to people to get good service.

It's all very well being on the end of moaning and groaning but it does make the day of staff when they are praised for looking after their customers, which is far too infrequent if you ask me.

You're quite right - people keep quiet about good service but really shout their gob off about the "bad" service they perceive they've received.

I really think people should say "thank you" and appreciate good service more.

Cheers

5. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

Its always nice to be complimented on your work. Today i had 2 kids on my ride (they must have been about 12), who both stayed on for about an hour: they just kept on running round to queue up again. About half way through the little boy wanted to give me a tip, but i wouldnt take his money (i'm not allowed to accept tips from customers). At the end of the day, as they were leaving his sister again tried to tip me. I told them i couldnt take their money off them, but thankyou very much for the thought. They both said i had made their day coz i'd been so polite and friendly all the time and hadnt stopped smiling, and they went and complimented me to management at the front gates

it was really nice i thought :) made my day that did... havent stopped smiling yet!

6. HBB

HBB Active Member

Awww, that's so nice! :D - Hehe, I just get abuse from customers for not having their prescriptions ready!

7. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

too blooming right!!! :p jus kidding bunny, love ya really.
    how could anyone hurl abuse at you?!

8. HBB

HBB Active Member

Hehe! I'm a very placid person, I just take it, and then moan at the boss! :D

9. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... give yourself a lettuce leaf! ;)

10. HBB

HBB Active Member

No! Hate anything green unless it's mint icecream!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Cardiff
    Optical Express
    good service
    new glasses
    Customer Service
  12. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

mm... mint ice cream...

13. HBB

HBB Active Member

with choc chips! :D

14. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Yep, people are very quck to moan. I work in the ophthalmic business as well, & its always nice to be appreciated. Just a simple thanks is usually enough to make the job worth while.

We should all make an effort to be positive & praise when praise is due. :clap: