Curnow help

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by toby hobson, Dec 17, 2011.

1. toby hobson

toby hobson Member

I'm looking for a relatively unknown euph solo with piano by James Curnow called Prayer (oh divine redeemer) it's an arrangement of a Charles Gounod work. The piece has been thrust upon me via a A level music teacher who's idea of a theme appears to be pieces by the same composer! Would anyone know how I could obtain the work in this country as so far I can't find it anywhere.
  2. katieeuph

katieeuph Member

I've got an arrangement if 'O Divine Redeemer' which I played a few times in solo contests but I'm sure it's not the Curnow arrangement. Haven't got it to hand but will dig it out and find the arranger/publisher in case that's any help.
  3. toby hobson

toby hobson Member

That would be great,thanks. Interesting because the music teacher seems to of convinced the exam board that the Curnow arrangement is akin to a original work because its SO standard rep!!!! My original idea was to use music from S.A composers as the theme. Ransomed, Holy Well and Curnow Rhapsody. All original works, all with Piano, Diverse and Balanced. That idea for a theme was considered to vague which left me a bit Snookered, so I left it in the music teachers hands, they came back with the Curnow Rhapsody and this fairly obscure piece that doesn't appear to be available in Britain and nobody has heard of. So the Theme appears to be pieces by the same composer, the program isn't Balanced and the 2nd piece is now an arrangement and not a original work as originally specified. Oh well, thats why they earn 40k and I earn 20!!!

A non vibrato version of said work...
  4. Bombardino

Bombardino New Member

I bought it from 'the Haske' Music publishers in the Netherlands.
    EUR 11.95
    CMP 1066-05-401

Jaar van publicatie:

23 x 30,5 cm

Aantal pagina's:

5. toby hobson

toby hobson Member

That's great. Ta. What did you make of it btw?
  6. Bombardino

Bombardino New Member

It's a great piece, but it has to be played with lots of feeling. I like the version that Kirsty Abbotts did on cornet on her album Soliloquy (That is with band accompaniment)
  7. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

I know this is abit obvious but since nobody has mentioned it, the Curnow Music website can be found at and the piece of music you're interested in is listed. I know you want to get it in the UK but they can probably tell you how to do that.
  8. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

9. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

PS this company are more than happy to post to the UK