Cure for hang overs

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by horny, Sep 19, 2004.

1. horny

horny Member

as getting p****d comes hand in hand with being in a band has anyone got any good remedies for hangovers...I usually drink coke (full fat) it usually works. just wondered if anyone out there had any TOP TIPS to ease the fall out from the night/day before?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    hand in hand
    remedies
    anyone
    TIPS
    fat
  3. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

The best remedies are usually the ones you take before hand:

Fill up with water before you start drinking - the hangover is usually the result of dehydration. Spread your alcohol out with water/fizzy drinks.

If you don't, then paracetamol and vitamin C when you first get up the following morning will help.

Don't mix your drinks.

Drink real ale, not chemical ale.

4. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Divvent drink, simple as!

Nah seriously a nice fry up will sort you out, and if it don't the grease will make you puke, also sorting you out ;)

5. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

If you can face the smell/taste/texture, raw eggs and worcester sauce will make you feel beeter - for about 10 mins, then you'll puke. :)

6. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

irn brew works for me ..and lots of it!

7. dry cereal!! it soaks up the drink so u can start all over again!! Dr Pepper aswell or red bull to wake you up!!!

8. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I think it's the combination of lots of caffeine (which is a painkiller) and lots of funny additives - Irn Bru works for me too. It must be ice cold though.

9. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

hangovers? pah... weaklings...

(err... multivitamins and a fried egg, sausage, bacon and cheese sandwich for me...)

10. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Stay drunk that way, you never get a hangover. Alternatively, sleep for 12 hours and then the effect of the alcohol in the bloodstream is diminished. This last part only works if you are drinking on a Friday or Saturday and don't work at weekends or have a blasted band job, unless you don't have a reason to get out of bed during the week :?: :lol:

11. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

Big breakfast always works with a big glass of fresh orange juice

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    hand in hand
    remedies
    anyone
    TIPS
    fat
  13. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

Any sort of food will sort me out. It's usually along the line of love hearts (if you can call them food!) or some sort of crisps that have remained undiscovered from the night before! I have been known to cook up a treat when camping with the old disposable bbq! And lets face it, when you're camping, anything looks appetising! And Dr Pepper is the usual drink i have. Very nice! Don't tend to get hangovers as such though so it's just wake-me-up food! :D

14. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

My people , the time has come for me to share my one true way of salvation with you all.

Firstly , preparation is all , especially when a big session is known of in advance .On the morning of said session , a large fried breakfast is essential. Follow this at about lunchtime or slightly after with two rounds of cheese sandwiches. An hour prior to heading out , a pint of fresh milk.

Upon your return in the early hours , a pint of water may be recommended , but one pays a price in terms of sleep by frequent trips to loo . Failing that , I open a couple of cans of coke and place them in fridge for next morning (Flat ice cold coke is quite easy on the stomach the next day ).

On waking ( and this really only works on holiday or at weekends ) , the only thing that works for me is to take two paracetamol , partake of a certain activity that men have been known to do frequently with the aid of suitable reading / viewing material , and then get two hours more kip. Upon waking , the pub will be open again and careful titration of beer throughout the reamainder of the day will gently bring you back down to a reasonable state.

15. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

I always find fizzy drinks make me very very sick. A cup of tea and two nuroffen normally do the job and then lots af water for the rest of the day.

16. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

And I thought you were having an asthma attack after the contest :dunno

17. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

*** BOC Alert *** BOC Alert *** BOC Alert ***

Now then, speaking from extensive experience (as most of my band will testify) I can thoroughly recommend the traditonal "Bl**dy Mary" (wonder if that'll get through the language filter?) as the best cure:

Tomato juice - good for vitamin C
    Vodka (optional) - "hair of the dog" ? - works for some people
    Lemon juice - Vitamin C again
    Salt & Worcester sauce - just for flavour
    Celery - lots of vitamins

Now this is the important bit:

Freshly ground black pepper and Tabasco sauce - lots of it !!! :

The chemical compound Capsaicin is what gives chillies/peppers their "heat". When capsaicin hits the tissues in the mouth the body interprets the sensations as pain, which immediately triggers the release of the body's natural painkillers, Endorphins. Ergo, you feel better. There is also the pyscological effect, whereby if your mouth is on fire, it distracts you from the hangover somewhat.

Of course, a good curry will have a similar effect, however not many people can stomach a vindaloo on the morning-after-the-night-before ...

Try it !

Regards,

G.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2004
  18. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

How about one of these??

HTML:
    http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/ProductDetails.aspx?language=en-GB&product=EMEHAN

19. yr_epa

yr_epa Member

Tomato Soup with nice crusty bread!

20. T-Horn

T-Horn Member

don't get hangovers so i can offer no good advice. Happy hangovers!

21. six pints

six pints Active Member

last night pizza/kebab/chips and pop of any kind works wonders. if anyone discovers a cure for migraines tho tell me, i lost all of yesterday cos of one!

22. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

Throw it all up before you go to bed! Nothing left in your system then!