"cup tied"?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Mesmerist, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

PLease can someone tell me if it is true that if a player has competed in the areas he cannot then transfer to another band in the same section and compete in the National Finals in the same year?
    Thank you XX
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I don't think that's right. You can transfer within the usual time frames as far as I know.
  3. McEuphie

McEuphie Member

Don't see any problems with this, unless the transfer is to a band that they were registered with in the previous 6 months (or is it a year?)
  4. andyfake

andyfake Member

I'm pretty sure ther's a rule that you can only play at one "area", even if you worked it so that a transfer became effective in the week between, say, Yorkshire and North-West, you're not allowed to appear for another band. However, no such restrictions between the Area and the Nationals, provided you fulfil all the usual requirements
  5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

6. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

As has been stipulated all ready you can't play for 2 different bands at 2 different areas but you can transfer to a diffrent band and play in the finals with them
  7. timbloke

timbloke Member

I know plenty of people who have played for one band at the areas and a different band (often in the same section) at the nationals. If that rule were true it'd mean effectively that you cannot transfer between March and September which would be a bit difficult if you moved house or decided you wanted to play somewhere else for any other reason.

Having recently looked into the transfer rules i know the following (they are printed on the transfer forms found here: http://www.bbbr.co.uk/images/PlayerTransfer.doc) - A Maximum of TWO transfer moves can be made within any 12 month period - Hence in my situation I transfered in November last year to help a band at Butlins/Areas and again last week for the Senior Trophy, so I now cannot transfer again until next November.

A player cannot rejoin a band he has already left until a period of SIX months has elapsed - This could be where your situation comes in, and one that happened to me a few years ago, if you transfer to play for another band at the Nationals in September you need to make sure there is a period of 6 months (+ 4 weeks for the transfer to become effective) between then and the areas. Hence, you need to make the transfer in August in order that you can rejoin in Feb and play at the areas. In my case one of my conditions for helping the other band at the nationals was that it would not restrict my chances to return to my previous band at the areas. Even though in the end I left them both for a totally different band.
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  8. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

I don't see why not - I played at the finals in the same section as the band I played at the area with but I moved house and transferred.
  9. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

thank you all for being so helpful. X