Cup Semis

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by IYOUNG, Mar 14, 2005.

1. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

Is there a point to these semi's now?

Arsenal v Man Utd it is on May 14th

2. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Chickens, eggs, hatching...

3. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

You can't really see Blackburn troubling the mighty gunners can you?

4. postie

postie Member

It does point to a Arsenal V Man Utd Final. But you never know Shearer is still looking for that cup final win!!!

5. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Yes, it's the FA cup and Blackburn have got fire in their belly.

Of course, we will breeze past Newcastle. :wink:

6. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

I'd like to see Newcastle and Mr Shearer in the final and for him to bow out out in in style

Having watched all the games over the weekend none of them were very inspiring but the gunners will be too strong for Blackburn and I have a feeling Utd will be too strong going forward for Newcastle.

as for Diouf - well if big Sam keeps him on now i'll be amazed,,,,,the blokes a liability

7. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I think its too early to tell...

Don't forget Newcastle beat the 2005 Premier League Champions in this FA cup run ;)

8. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

then again, Man Utd still haven't conceded a goal in this cup run...

9. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Is this thread about football?

10. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Yeah...not that the areas (which I think in Brass Off were referred to as the semis)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Semis
    semi
    Arsenal
    Man Utd
    point
  12. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

That'd be excellent... Unlikely, however Newcastle are very unpredictable...

When they play well they play awesome... Urgh, I sound like a Newcastle fan...

13. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Arsenal - Toon final methinks...and that pains me to say that, Newcastle normally get up for games like this...

...i'm off to wash my mouth out now

14. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Yeah Newcastle have never beaten Manure in the cup but hey, there's a first time for everything. And remember, the last time the toon won the cup was the same year that Chelsea last won the league.....

It'll be a good game and I think it is a game Newcastle can win. we've tightened up at the back of late and there's seems to be a new attitude amongst the players. Whether this is due to Bellamy's departure or McDermott's arrival is unknown. As it happens, I feel this maybe one game too far for the lads but write us off at your peril. The only shame is that we have to play at the Millennium. It's a lot closer for all the Man Utd fans - its only 150 miles to Cardiff from London......

I'd have much rather have drawn Blackburn, but at least we can look forward to a Newcastle/Blackburn final - imagine, Souness against his old club, Shearer against his..... it's written in the stars!!

Haway the lads!!

(Even if we don't win the cup, we'll win the UEFA!!)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005