Croydon Brass Band - Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Dave Payn, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Firstly, thank you all for your good wishes. Much appreciated. To answer Dinie, we've knocked the areas on the head this year. 17 still isn't enough for me (personal opinion, mind) to have a crack at something like Vizcaya. What we've agreed to do is just consolidate, regroup, make sure the player advertisement campaigns are constant (!) and though we've earmarked Folkestone for SCABA as the next contest to aim for (in October), things are going well enough to at least hope we'll have enough to enter the SCABA Entertainment contest at Crawley on May 16th. We're aiming to do an ambitious indoor concert programme the day before (including straightmute's excellent arrangements of La Rejouissance and the Charpentier Te Deum! Cheers, SM!)

Regards

2. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Croydon Brass Band urgently require solo euph

Our solo euph has had to give up playing suddenly due to 'mouth' problems. A busy summer season and two indoor concerts in the next month necessitate that we fill this chair a.s.a.p. Nationally Section 3 and locally section 2 band, rehearsing every Monday and most Fridays in Thornton Heath from 8pm to 10pm. Lots of new players have recently come to join!

If you're a budding solo euph, come along and give us a try! Reply by private message or to the email addresses listed.

Regards

3. Irishmike

Irishmike New Member

Calling All Students in South London

Croydon Brass Band

South London Area - 3rd Section
    Parchmore Methodist Church, Parchmore Road, Thornton Heath, CR7 8LY

Require - cornets, euphonium, basses, percussion.

We are a friendly aspiring 3rd section band with a wide range of players, from competent amateurs to experienced professionals, many of whom have returned to playing after taking a break for a few years. We currently have vacancies for front and back row cornets, euphonium, basses and percussion. We also welcome enquiries from players of all brass instruments of grade 5 standard and above.

We are currently holding an open practice session on Monday 25th September from 8pm till 10pm, so come along and see what you think!

Any interested parties wanting to apply, or just want more information are welcome to contact me in strictest confidence, or phone me on 07714 674 313.

4. Irishmike

Irishmike New Member

South London Players needed

Are you interested in picking up your old instrument again but dont know a local band in South London. We could be what you are looking for. We are a friendly aspiring 3rd section band with a wide range of players, from competent amateurs to experienced professionals, many of whom have returned to playing after taking a break for a few years. We currently have vacancies for front and back row cornets, euphonium, basses and percussion. We also welcome enquiries from players of all brass instruments of grade 5 standard and above.

We currently practice at Parchmore Methodist Church, Parchmore Road, Thornton Heath, CR7 8LY on Monday nights from 8-10pm. Then followed by a yew drinks at the local!

Any interested parties wanting to apply, or just want more information are welcome to contact me in strictest confidence, or phone me on 07714 674 313.

5. Irishmike

Irishmike New Member

Looking for a band in South London?

Croydon Brass Band

South London Area - 3rd Section
    Parchmore Methodist Church, Parchmore Road, Thornton Heath, CR7 8LY

Require - cornets, euphonium, basses, percussion.

We are currently looking for any willing brass band players of grade 5 standard or above, willing to come for a blow on Monday nights. We are a friendly bunch and nothing finishes a good practice more than a quick run down to the pub afterwards where you will find most of us!

We have engagements for the summer including playing at craft fairs in South London, as well as competing in the regionals where we are currently ranked 4th in 3rd section, and looking to move up to section 2!

6. Irishmike

Irishmike New Member

Calling all brass players in South London

* Are you interested in picking up your old instrument again but dont know a local band in South London?!

* Are you a student player looking for somewhere else to get your lip in?!

We could be what you are looking for!

We are a friendly aspiring 3rd section band with a wide range of players, from competent amateurs to experienced professionals, many of whom have returned to playing after taking a break for a few years. We currently have vacancies for front and back row cornets, euphonium, basses and percussion. We also welcome enquiries from players of all brass instruments of grade 5 standard and above.

We currently practice at Parchmore Methodist Church, Parchmore Road, Thornton Heath, CR7 8LY on Monday nights from 8-10pm. Then followed by a few drinks at the local!

7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

. . . and are you going to tell us which band you are? ;)

8. vbhill

vbhill New Member

Croydon Brass Band!

9. Irishmike

Irishmike New Member

Croydon Brass Band

In my haste I did manage to not say we are CROYDON BRASS BAND!

10. Irishmike

Irishmike New Member

We are a friendly third section band, and in order to complete our lineup for the forthcoming Regional Contest, Croydon Brass Band require the following players:-

2 Cornets
    1 Euphonium
    1 Eb Bass
    1 Bb Bass

We welcome players of all standards from students looking for a practice band to former players wanting to get started again. Come along and have a blow.

We are a very social band and look forward to seeing you at the next practice on Monday night, 8pm at Parchmore Methodist Church, Thornton Heath.

For further details, contact Paul Martin on 07932 640 338, or email paul@croydonband.co.uk or visit the website www.croydonband.co.uk.

As per above our conductor Paul Martin can be contacted at his hotmail address paulmartin37@hotmail.co.uk

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Edit: threads merged as per tMP Recruitment Guidelines

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2009
  11. mr_tuba

mr_tuba New Member

Croydon Brass Vacancies

Croydon Brass Band is in it's 99th year, has just taken on a new MD and is looking to strengthen the player numbers, we have vacancies in all sections, and are happy to welcome all brass players. We have a (pretty) full set of instruments so can provide most players if needed.

We are in particular need of a Euphonium player.

Rehearsals are in Thornton Heath on a Monday night with the final session at the local Witherspoons.... hope to see some of you soon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice