Criteria Based Adjudication

Discussion in 'tMP's .... "On the Spot" interview area' started by DublinBass, Feb 24, 2006.

1. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I thought of another question...

If criteria based adjudication is implemented, then will there need to be any time for adjudicators to confer in the box after the last band or will scores be sent to a contest controller immediately after each band? (much like is done with figure skating in the olympics)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    band
    adjudicators
    box
    Criteria Based Adjudication
    question
  3. Ankanala

Ankanala Member

No this can never happen either. Adjudicators have to be able to compare and adjust in order to place the bands. I see no point at all in taking the marks away after each performance. It just places the adjudicator in an unnecessary straight jacket.

I am happy for judges to confer or not as the contest dictates. The cambridge system of a few years ago did throw up some anomalies but it did have its merits and should not be discarded entirely. However from a judges point of view it is comforting to be able to talk and share views with a colleague and gives confidence when agreement is reached. This also has a downside though because instances have arisen when 2 or more judges have not been able to agree. What happens then?

Interesting points for discussion!