Creative Brass

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Mr Ratty, May 16, 2013.

1. Mr Ratty

Mr Ratty Member

Hi, I am in the process of launching Creative Brass Publishing and will hopefully have a website up an running soon. In the mean time please have a listen to some of my stuff here. I will be uploading more over the coming weeks, so keep an eye/ear on it. If you would like any more info or would be interested in a copy of any of the pieces please let me know. I am particularly keen to hear from anyone who fancies having a brand new piece written for them or their band. I've got my place booked at the Fodens Solo Contest in November, so if your in the area get yourself along. Lee
  2. Mr Ratty

Mr Ratty Member

OK, so the website has gone live now , any feedback regarding the music or the website would be greatly appreciated (e.g. if there is any handy additions I could incorporate etc...). No doubt there will be a couple of creases to iron out. Of course there's only a fraction of the music available uploaded so far. I expect to be adding another 10 or so pieces over the next week, so again "watch this space". There will also be some FREE scores added as well which I will make available to download via PDF.
  3. Matthew

Matthew Active Member

Looking nice, good luck! :) Noticed some of your photo thumbnails are broken on the Wordpress (a CHMOD issue?).

Listened to some of your MP3's, they sound promising. Any Tuba solos? I'm looking for a decent, serious BBb Tuba solo & band accomp.
  4. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Member

Preferably something about a hippo on an elephant ??!
  5. Matthew

Matthew Active Member

Naaaa, that's more for those EEb chaps/chapesses. ;)
  6. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Member

I once performed the BBb feature The Barking Bullfrog by Bob Sherunkle to great acclaim.

Only the once mind you.

And it was in Dagenham...

Everywhere else I got booed off!
  7. Mr Ratty

Mr Ratty Member

Thanks for that Matthew. No BBb solo's yet but I'll have a look at writing one. Don't think I've ever heard a 'serious' BBb solo. Cheers
  8. Mr Ratty

Mr Ratty Member

9. listerbo

listerbo Member

Very impressed with Bruchner. Good work!
  10. Mr Ratty

Mr Ratty Member

11. Mr Ratty

Mr Ratty Member

Digital Orders

I have now started to launch digital purchases at a discounted price to that of standard delivery. This should be a great way of getting a full set of new music for your band, at a reasonable price without waiting for it to be printed, posted and delivered.

Again, any questions, please email
  12. Mr Ratty

Mr Ratty Member

Discount Music - 25% Off

I know know one can resist a bargain so I thought, as it's coming up to Christmas I would give you all an early present. Some CHEAP MUSIC.

Please visit and use discount code 178560 to get 25% of any order. Use the Digital Delivery service and you could pick up a full set of parts and score for as little as £7.50. Plus you'll have the advantage of having the music the same day.

Any queries please email

ALSO - Keep an eye out for some live recordings of some of the pieces featured, which I will soon be adding.
  13. Mr Ratty

Mr Ratty Member

A Coventry Christmas

New Piece on the website now ready for Christmas:-

[h=1]A Coventry Christmas[/h][​IMG]
    This piece is based around the 'Coventry Carol', a Christmas carol dating from the 16th century. The carol was performed in Coventry in England as part of a mystery play called The Pageant of the Shearmen and Tailors. The play depicts the Christmas story from chapter two in the Gospel of Matthew. The carol refers to the Massacre of the Innocents, in which Herod ordered all male infants under the age of two in Bethlehem to be killed. The lyrics of this haunting carol represent a mother's lament for her doomed child. It is the only carol that has survived from this play.
    The piece begins in heraldic fashion before making way for a more modern upbeat approach complete with a driving percussion and bass line.
    The finale then comprises another 2 Christmas Carols, In Dulce Jubilo & Once In Royal played simultaneously and finishes in rousing fashion.

Price: from £12.00