Crazy Horse

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Maestro, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

I heard the sad news today that Crazy Horse, aka Emlyn Hughes, the former England and Liverpool captain has died.

I will never forget the time on Question Of Sport, when he tried so hard not to give Princess Anne one of his 'famous' cuddles.

RIP Emlyn
  2. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

It's a really sad day not only for Liverpool fans , but for Wolves fans too...
    a true football great..will be sadly missed
  3. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

I've just heard this sad news. Emlyn was an absolutely fantastic player and a really funny guy, who always remained very passionate about Liverpool Football Club.

RIP Emlyn
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  4. dyl

dyl Active Member

Sad news indeed. YNWA Emlyn. Reunited with Shanks once again ......
  5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

That really is sad news, Emlyn was won of the great statesmen of the game and a shining example to many an aspiring footballer.

and his catchphrase?

Ooh..I know this one..I do..I know it!!

Sadly missed,
    You'll never Walk Alone Emlyn.
  6. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

I met Emlyn at one of my universities sports dinners. He was the guest speaker and gave one of the funniest after dinner speeches I have ever heard, it was chock full of anecdoes from his Liverpool days.

After the dinner he even took the time to come round all of the various sports teams tables to have a chat with us and ask how our respective seasons were going. What a top guy.

Im proud to say that our table "Rugby League" managed to persuade him to ditch the footballers and come for a pint with us at our local bar afterwards. Plenty of beer and storys followed.

Another good man lost.
  7. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I would say a sad day for all football fans who remember him (I'm an Arsenal fan of 33 years standing!). He was a player who gave it his all every game. Please excuse my ignorance as I wasn't aware he was battling a brain tumour.

An overused word, but in Emlyn Hughes' case, justified. He was a true Liverpool (and footballing in general) great. An essential ingredient of the dominant force that was Liverpool in their prime. RIP