Crazy Cornet Solo!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by eflatbass, Jun 17, 2011.

1. eflatbass

eflatbass Supporting Member

Danse Macabre (Saint-Saëns)

You will need to be more than a bit “loopy” to tackle this, my parting gesture to the classical repertoire!

It’s arranged for cornet and piano, requiring a little madness on the part of the soloist, and a nimble fingered pianist for support.

The combined soloist and piano part is free to print on my web site, but only until the end of June, when the site will revert to its original purpose (nothing to do with music!).

Thanks to all the tMP members who have supported me over the past few months.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  2. TonyW

TonyW Supporting Member

Ha ha, quite magnificent! :clap: I can now play your demos, so expect more similar comments.
    When I say play, something happened just over half way through where it sounded as though a sort of reverb was building more and more, then it stopped playing. Thought it was supposed to be a long pause, or even only 1/2 finished, but decided to move the line along, and probably missed a little bit but then got to the end ok.
    I don`t envy you putting the BB parts together if an international soloist wants to hire and record Cory or Dyke :eek: Got someone in mind?
  3. eflatbass

Hi Tony

I haven't any aspirations of a top flight performance. It is all a bit tongue-in-cheek, but who knows; there may be a extrovert somewhere who could be crazy enough to put their reputation on the line.

4. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

It's fab Barry! Just the kind of thing my young'un loves to have a go at and, who knows, may be the lunatic to master it! :clap:
  5. eflatbass

If he/she does master it, I think we should strike a medal in special recognition of their achievement.:)

(thinks out loud: perhaps an Eb bass version should follow)

6. eflatbass

Okay; you guys. You asked for a PDF of the soloist copy, so it's now on the web site.

7. jockinafrock

Best thing about youngsters is that they just throw themselves into pieces and then think about the consequences afterwards! :biggrin: If I said to my lad that this piece was too hard for him, he probably wouldn't even look at it, so we just put music in front of him and leave him to it. At least he gives things a go - my hubby looked at it and thought it would take a mentalist like Jens Lindemann to play it! :biggrin:
  8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Not name-dropping I hope ... :rolleyes:
  9. eflatbass

I have now extracted the piano (audio) part and placed this on the web site. Perhaps this may be acceptable as an accompaniment to anyone blowing their socks off at home!
  10. jockinafrock

Might be..... ;)
  11. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Maybe if Barry had been quicker, he might have premiered it at the Festival of Brass ... ;)
  12. jockinafrock

Would've been good tho', eh? :biggrin:
  13. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... only with Howard playing the piano accompaniment! :D
  14. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

Like it!
  15. eflatbass

Well; I always knew that sop players were a little bit mad!