Crashing Internet and MSN Problems....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by meandmycornet, Sep 11, 2005.

1. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Grrrrr since I downloaded MSN 7.5 my internet keeps crashing :(:( why?? i've now uninstalled it but i'm having too suffer with Windows Messenger :(:( not good! Does anyone where I can get MSN 7?? everywhere I look I can only find MSN 7.5 and I don't want that!

2. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

3. meandmycornet

I've got MSN 7 now! BUT my internet still keeps crashing :(:( anybody got any ideas??

4. Di

Di Active Member

Run your virus check program?

5. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

What do you mean by "my internet crashes"? Does your connection go down, or is it the Internet Explorer program that crashes?

6. meandmycornet

my internet connection goes down!

7. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

That's very strange. (sorry I canĀ“t help more...)

8. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

are you wireless, or with a router? or straight to the internet? My D-Link wireless router kept losing connection last week. I had to upgrade the firmware on the router to stop it crashing.
    It could also be a line fault, check your ISP's service page to see if there are any known works at the moment.

9. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Seems like problems are everywhere at the moment. I am experiencing slow browsing at the moment; a problem with BB delivery I think.

10. meandmycornet

Right well mumsie i'm doing a whole system scan thingy and so far (its been going for an hour!) its found four threats and fixed one (is this good or bad??) (okay its just gone up to 8 threats!)

I'm on BT Broadband if that helps and we have a router i think (its the little white box thing that plugs into the telephone socket yeah??) ermmm is that any help??

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    MSN 7
    MSN 7.5
    MSN Problems
    Windows Messenger
    Crashing Internet
  12. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Yep, I'm on BT too. The White thing is an ADSL filter, and shouldn't make much difference. ( I presume it is anyway). If it has flashing lights etc, then it maybe is a router. BT are very good if you ring :

Customer Support:
    0845 600 7030

at national rate they'll do a line test to test that.

As well as Virus scans do a Spyware scan using Microsoft Antispyware or AdAware etc.

13. meandmycornet

i don't need a virus scan!!! i am now virus free :D I only had 1 one anyway and its all better now :D so hopefully the sillyness might stop now!