CRAMP!!!! - what can you do?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by deave, May 21, 2004.

1. deave

deave Member

Isn't cramp a right sod?
  2. HBB

HBB Active Member

You could try Crampex available at all large pharmacies. Quite good I hear ...
  3. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Depending on where the cramp is, it could be caused by mild dehydration in the muscles. Keep fluids up, and strectch whatever musicle is cramping. It'll hurt, but stop the cramp.
  4. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Two worst cramps are when you have 20ft of water under you, and when you're....errr........with somebody. :evil:
  5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Too true!!
  6. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

The classic for me was watching a TV show and I got a shock. My leg muscle cramped and retracted, pulling my leg up painfully. It took 6 months to wallk the paid off totally.
  7. deave

deave Member

I would say a bad place to get it would be in a rehearsal with phillip mccann; but it happened last night....and i laughed my socks off !! The person who it happened to actually stood up and started doing stretches infront of the band. haha
  8. Trigger

Trigger Member

Ooh dear- That's unfortunate!!! :shock: :lol: :lol:
  9. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Serves me right for reading the Kama Sutra.
  10. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Well if you will try and do two things at once. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  11. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Cork under your pillow...

Try it

12. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

:? is that in the Karma Sutra? :wink:
  13. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

errr, dunno... read it...

My dad swears (well, he doesnt, cos he's a vicar... *cough*) by the cork under the pillow trick though

14. six pints

six pints Active Member

i got made to take salt tablets when i were a bairn cos i got cramp constantly when swimming :cry:
  15. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

i didn't think there was much you could do with it other than do sonething with affected part

used to get it in my leg all the time in my leg at night usually, used to wake up nearly screamin, had a limp for days after as well
  16. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Youch! I've never seriously suffered any form of cramp, bad luck to the guy who was unfortunate to get it in front of the ever-lovable Mr. McCann! I'm trying my best to imagine what he said about it!

Poor sod though, cramp is bad enough without having to sort it out in front of band.
  17. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

My wife says she remembered this tip that she read in a Doctor's newspaper column (in the USA). The doctor said several people over the years had told him that a bar of soap will relieve the cramp. He wasn't sure exactly where to put it (in this case it was leg cramp)-- in bed near your legs, in the legs of whatever you wear to bed, or on the cramp. My wife put it on the cramp and then just left it in bed with her and found that it really works! The Dr. couldn't explain the phenomenon.
  18. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

I get cramp in my toes now and then. It is just so silly and it is only when I'm sat stretched out on the sofa.

I just generally grab hold of my toes and softly massage ( :shock: ) them!

PS Am I the only person who looks at Brian Bowen's avatar, (above), and see something 'different' before seing partof the good ol US of A!!?

Sorry Brian. I don't know whether this is a little joke by you.
  19. six pints

six pints Active Member

i didnt even notice it was the usa...
    i shoulda had blonde hair
  20. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

Cramp is sooooo horrible. I get it in bed in my calfs if i stretch. I just rub it until it goes away. Very painful though!