Couples Wanted!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Roger Thorne, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Following on from tMP's 'Test the Nation' Television appearance a few years ago I still receive information from the TV company requesting help in finding suitable people to appear on their programmes. Here's their latest email.

If anyone is interested feel free to apply.

Hello Roger,

How are you? Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year. I am now working at Initial, an Endemol company, and the people behind Deal or No Deal.

We are currently making an exciting new programme called For the Rest of Your Life. This is a brand new ITV1 game show where you and your partner could get the chance to win a cash prize... and not just once...

... in fact you could pocketing cash every month... of every year... for the rest of your lives.

At the heart of For the Rest of Your Life lies an extraordinarily seductive proposition: how would you like to receive a cheque directly into your bank account... tax free... not once, not twice, but every month for the rest of your life?

This would be your goal and to get there we won't be testing your general knowledge or physical ability. What you need... in abundance... is an astonishing instinct, the insight to know when to gamble and when to stick and, above all, nerves of steel.

Each couple who play on the show has to be prepared to place their utter faith in their playing companion. Their hopes, their needs, their knowledge of each other's willingness to take extraordinary risks or their fear of loss will be the driving force across the show.

We are going to be selecting these lucky couples from across the nation over the next few weeks.... SO DON'T DELAY, APPLY TODAY. Couples can apply themselves or be nominated by a friend or family members. To find out about audition dates and venues contact us NOW.

For the Rest of Your Life will make a real difference to one lucky couple every day perhaps giving them financial security for the rest of their lives.

If you are interested in getting involved with this unique new venture, or you know someone who would be perfect, then please contact me immediately.

Please feel free to send this e-mail onto friends and colleagues, or display the attached poster at your work. Alternatively you may have a company intranet on which you could display our information, I have attached a short programme brief to this e-mail for your reference. Any help with our search would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the very best,

Katie

Katie Millard
    Assistant Producer
    FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
    T: + 44 (0) 20 8222 4416
    katie.millard@endemoluk.com
    Endemol UK
    Shepherds Building Central
    Charecroft Way, Shepherds Bush
    London, W14 0EE ​

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    game show
    email
    anyone
    couple
    Couples
  3. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

Well I'm glad it's something completely different from DoND then !

Why is it that companies will pour millions into (and millions of poeople will watch) drivel like this - unnecessary suspense building up to a random prizegiving - when they won't spend a penny on resurrecting Band of the Year / Best of Brass where at least the prizes were given on merit and there was some decent entertainment / culture component to the show.

Presumably the general public has switched off to the idea of people gettin g money for deserving it and just fervently believes in the "It could be you" philosophy.

4. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

I'll do it!! Now.....alll I need to do is find a partner and learn a lot about them very quickly!!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

5. six pints

six pints Active Member

I need money! ill do it with you!! (the show of course ;))