Cottingham Band welcomes new MD

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by euphorium, Nov 20, 2006.

1. euphorium

euphorium New Member

The Cottingham Band is pleased to announce the appointment of their new Musical Director, Sam Kind.

Sam has extensive playing experience, both at home and abroad, playing Bb bass with bands such as Ransome, Yorkshire Imperial (Urquhart Travel), and most recently East Yorkshire Motor Services Band.

He also enjoyed a very successful spell as conductor of York-based Ebor Brass.

Sam has recently taken the decision to step-down from EYMS, in order to concentrate on conducting Cottingham.

In the short term, he is busy preparing the band for their forthcoming Christmas concerts, but already has one eye firmly on the North of England Area Finals in Darlington next March and is looking forward to leading the band in a busy concert and contest programme in 2007.

Commenting on his appointment, Sam said “I am looking forward to working with the band. There is a strong core of players here who have impressed me immensely with their enthusiasm and dedication and I’m looking forward to the challenges ahead.”

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Sam Kind.
    East Yorkshire Motor Services Band.
    MD
    B
    FONT
  3. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Very best of luck to Sam and the band. Cottingham had a great band a few years ago and I'm sure that Sam has the expertise to guide them back there.

D

4. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Excellent news! :clap:

Hope things really work out for the band. :tup

5. chiephonium

chiephonium Member

best of luck Sam...

dissapointed to hear of your departue from EYMS band...

I needed someone to help prop the other end of the bar up at Pontins......

See you soon mate and take care..........

6. a very flat b

a very flat b Member

Well done and congratulations to Sam and "cott.'

7. robcornet

robcornet Member

Thanks for all the support, it's really apreciated. I'm sure the band will go from strength to strength now especially with all the new players coming into the band recently. Things are really looking up!!!! We're actually looking forward to the areas now!!

8. 1st Position

1st Position Member

Mmmmmmmmm.

Good luck.