Cosmetic treatments...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Big Twigge, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Namely fake tan and how to remove it, but thought that title would spark more interest!.....

Does anybody have any tips on how to unfaketan. I currently have the streakest legs in the west due to a little 'not really concentrating, don't usually use fake tan at all' session?!

I've tried exfoliating and also shaving my legs to remove it (resulting in a huge[careful with my wording now] deep cut in my leg)

All tips gratefully received, all hilarious jokes warmly welcomed.
  2. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

erm...well not being one for "treatments" I'm not really sure if I can help...but its late so I'll have a go...

Streaky legs....need to remove fake tanning stuff...OK have you tried bleach? I'm sure it'll get rid of the colour in your's great, I find if my band shirt comes out of the wash pink due to a stray red sock...

..then again...maybe not...
  3. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I'll remember that if it hasn't gone/faded by the next time I have to get my legs out!
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2005
  4. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

hmm i don't actually think there is a way to remove fake tan, I had a similar "accident" with faketan last summer, I was going to the beach the next day with my mates so thought I would use one of those fake tan wipes, put it on and waited the hour it said but nothing happened so I just thought nothing was going to happen so went to bed, I woke up the next morning with stripey legs, does look to good with a bikini :tongue:

hmm i rambled rather and was no help at all, sorry :(

5. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

u can get some wipes from boots (shamless plug) from the no7 counter i think and then from the 17range thing..they're about a quid and they do work! :tongue:
  6. Jamie

Jamie Member

Sorry to hijack your thread, but can anyone reccommend a good fake tan? Do all these sprays and mousses actually work any better than a bog standard cream... and even without the stripes, is it possible not to look like you've been tangoed?!I'm not wearing a skirt til I get a tan, and I'm certainly not gonna get one through my trousers...!
  7. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

You could always ask Michael Jackson. He's an expert at lightening skin. You'll have to be quick though - I hear he's going away for a while very soon.
  8. HBB

HBB Active Member

9. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

St Tropez is one of the best sellers, but if your like me and have pale skin i have used Boots No7 and im impressed!
  10. tinytimp

tinytimp Member

My friend uses the Nivea mousse for fair skin, which I'm going to try, as currently you need sunglasses if you look in the direction of my fluorescent white legs!:oops:

As for removing fake tan, I'm sure Kim & Aggie would recommend vinegar, or actually I have heard someone suggest VERY diluted bleach...though I'm not convinced personally...
  11. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

Bisto works well!!!!

As for the original question about removing fake tan:

Potato Peeler
    Angle grinder

I'm sure all of these would actually work with varying degrees of success and pain!

12. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Cheers Puss, so very useful :rolleyes:, remind me not to ask you for advice in the future!
  13. HBB

HBB Active Member

Bisto is great!
  14. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

U never do. Therefore happy to oblige and not disappoint!!!

15. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

Your gonna put Boots out of business!
  16. Fitzy's GF

Fitzy's GF Active Member

Unfortunately when i had a similar incident, i just had to scrub!!
  17. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

Nothing to do with fake tan, but relevant to the title of this thread - did anybpdy see that Live Cosmetic Surgury on Channel 5 last night?! Enough to make you puke. I never knew liposuction was such an 'agressive' procedure.

18. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

that's what i've resorted too so far:(
    I think it'll be ok though, tis much better now... just glad that I only tried it on my legs!
  19. euphybeast

euphybeast Member

Try putting some more on. The streaks might blend together?
    (I'm trying that approach on some varnishing I've blobbed, before I start again, most likely.)
  20. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

One important lesson I learned was; shave legs before putting on fake tan. That makes for wonderful streaks. Although it might also work to shave them off as well?