Cory Sign Prize Winning Percussionist

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by JAGRINS, Aug 13, 2008.

JAGRINS Supporting Member

Cory Band, current British Open and European Champions have further strengthened their percussion team by securing the services of virtuoso percussionist, Gavin Pritchard.

Gavin, is the former Principal Percussionist of YBS & Grimethorpe and under the baton of his dad (Gareth) he recently won Best Soloist Prize at Butlins Championships.

Gavin said, ‘I attended a rehearsal just before Cory's summer break and had no hesitation in accepting Bob Childs’ invitation to be part of such a great Band.’

Bob said, ‘Gavin is a super player and will fit in well with the other star studded line up of soloists we have at Cory, I’m really looking forward to working with him’.

Gavin will be joining an established settled team of percussionists alongside Alan Horgan and Simon Brittlebank, as well as the larger pool of players which includes Dave Danford, Dave Mitchell and Alan Hathaway.

Alan Horgan, who has been working with Bob on the International Brass Band Summer School said, ‘Gavin is a great asset to any percussion section, I’m glad he’s decided to join us, I’m sure there are exciting times ahead.’

Gavin will make his debut with Cory at the British Open in September, his second contest performance will be one month later at the Nationals where he will hopefully repeat the success he had with Grimethorpe in 2006.

For more info on Gavin For more info on Cory visit:
  2. Gabriel Soboe

Gabriel Soboe New Member

Cant beat a bit of self-publicity! ;-)

JAGRINS Supporting Member

I only did this because themouthpiece didn't post the one Cory sent in.

Thanks for your interest though ;-)
  4. Di

Di Active Member

Congrats on the signing Gavin. :clap:

With regards "the mouthpiece didn't post the one Cory sent", we don't appear to have any threads posted waiting for approval, for Cory or from anyone else. :confused: